City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Wonder how much we think we have lost out on and what the damages would be if we won ?

I might be wrong but I don’t see this affecting the 115 this wasn’t in place then think that’s just media trying to make out like we are worried or cheating
Yes I noticed Kaveh tryng to make that link with a self satisfied smile but I agree it can't be relevant because these new rules would have to be retrospective to be applicable.

Another hit piece from the Times this morning, this time from Chief Rugby correspondent, Owen Slot.
Married to Juliet Slot, Chief Commercial Officer at……..Arsenal.

I won’t link the article but, underneath it is an article from February saying: “PL tightens sponsorship rules despite threat of legal action from Manchester City.” Which demonstrates that this isn’t new or being reported with any balance, whatsoever.

The "bringing down the PL" talk is from City fans on social media though.
It appears everyone is massively over reacting to this, both City fans and the rest.

On the City side of the story, we have nothing to go on as we never hear anything from the Club (for obvious reasons) bar the usual one or two lines annually in Khaldoon's end of season review.
This
All the talk about sueing and bring the prem league down and it being the end of football is the media spin designed to do what it's actually doing getting everyone who reads it to turn against us.
City seem to think the sponsorship rule is wrong and have asked that someone independent looks at this and decides the outcome.
Why should 14 clubs who have got there own agenda make that decision
We are being told we signed up to the rules. No we fucking didn't we voted against it and told them we would probably question the outcome

Fans are entitled to criticize the club, or at least ask questions of them or doubt them. In my opinion.
We've been defending them to the hilt for the last 8-10 years now in the face of accusation after accusation.
That's not me saying that I haven't been doing my best in defending my club the past 24 hours!
In lay mans terms, its quite hard to put a good argument favouring City in terms of yesterday's news.

We are allowed to stop and ask, why have we done this, it doesn't look good etc.
Doesn't look good? What sort of crap are you saying there? It looks fucking brilliant. We're standing up to the bent bastards.

The media are doing a cracking job whipping up a frenzy over this.
Using words like ‘suing’ and mentioning ‘civil war’
(I guess they’ve never been in a civil war)
Also implying that this is somehow a way to get around the 115.
When from what I can tell this is simply City challenging a ‘related party’ rule.
A rule City didn’t vote for and have apparently already told the PL that if the rule introduced there would be a legal challenge because it’s unlawful.
The rest is just media bollocks imo.

Exactly right, except it's associated party, not related party. Something the press are struggling with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.