City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

If you feel the same as them are you able to clarify this point:

I don’t really want to see a league where the team with the deepest pockets wins all the prizes.

Football has been like this for decades. In fact the current financial rules make it more likely the teams at the top will stay there, so please could you state why it’s bad that City challenge such rules from a legal perspective?
I said MOSTLY agree, that is one point I puzzle over because I know it has gone on in the past. Rancid meat to schools being one case in point ;-)
Nowhere have I said that I think it is bad that City are challenging, I have made a point of saying that I will defend the club.
My original question still stands though, although you may not have seen my earlier post. Basically are we going to a law court or a tribunal? (My posting was a lot longer than that but that is what it boiled down to.) :-)

It begs the question, if as Stefan said we are very unlikely to win this case, why have the club taken it on?

Sometimes you can win by losing. If victory is considered the change of the rules being halted then we may fail but if the real intention is to highlight corruption & drag others into investigations then we’ll know soon.

This rugby writing Times shill is married to Arsenal chief commercial officer Julia Slot
JulietSlot.jpeg

Another associated party …..

I thought it was decided previously by UEFA that the Etihad sponsorship was at arm's length so they were not an associated party hence would not be affected by those Rules? Are the PL rules with regard to who is or isn't an associated party different to UEFA?
It was related party, that's why City are doing this due to the changes to the rules where they use their version and called it associated party which seems to mean if you're from the same region (but not the USA obviously).

Can somebody explain to me why this hearing next week is taking place in Harrogate? Why there? Proper random that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.