City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Let me be clear that I will follow my club through thick and thin and trust them on most decisions they make (I could not honestly say that I approved of all decisions in the past, and it would be a lie to say I did. To take a spectacularly divisive example, had the Super League gone ahead, for instance, it is with a very heavy heart that I would have given up football. After nearly sixty years, I would have been sad beyond imagining. In my heart I still would have been a City fan, because you have no choice about these things. But with my feet I would have been a fan of no-one).

Certainly on this one I follow them and are fully behind them.

There's a lot of sabre rattling going on here. It's easy on a forum.

Now if the club have decided to go ahead with taking on the PL under the law, you can be absolutely sure that this has been carefully weighed up and meditated.
But let's be grown-ups. We could lose this. Just saying. The club certainly doesn't expect to, its legal advisors certainly don't expect to, otherwise we wouldn't be going to the law. But the PL represents vested interests — indeed, as we have always seen only too clearly — it was set up right from the start by and for those interests, and then there was a bunch of clubs who went along with it, unknowingly at the time, as stooges.
If you go to the law against vested interests, you may well lose.
Historically, the law has represented those interests. Sometimes, you get justice with the law. But the convergence is imperfect.
Just saying what I felt needed to be said at this point on this thread. Now let's give them a fucking good fight…

I don't live outside Manchester and I feel close to the club but mostly agree with @OntarioBlue. However I will be doing my utmost, albeit with limited understanding of what the heckle meckle is happening as I've been the proverbial burying my head in the sand at accusations against us, because I trust the powers that be at the club, to defend Manchester City against all detractors and enemies.
Donning my City kit and badges and battening down the hatches as we speak!! ;-) :-)

Sorry not meaning to be flippant but it's been a bad week all round. :-)

If you feel the same as them are you able to clarify this point:

I don’t really want to see a league where the team with the deepest pockets wins all the prizes.

Football has been like this for decades. In fact the current financial rules make it more likely the teams at the top will stay there, so please could you state why it’s bad that City challenge such rules from a legal perspective?

So, one thing I’m struggling to grasp: What is the difference between the APT regulations made in 2021, and the amendment made to them in Feb this year, that’s made the club react?

Not sure if this gives what you're after, but it's a decent explanation of the basics.

we will look a bit stupid if we dont win this specific case. hope we have some damning proof otherwise why make all the fuss. it would question the legal advice we are getting which then wouldnt bode well for the big case in October-November.
we havent made a fuss as you call it at present its the media ( cartel mates) ssn and talkshite. city have challanged a rule change which we've called unlawful and told them in february we'd challange it and it was behind closed doors and nobody wouldve known any different until yet again it's leaked and its big bad manchester city. and legal advice the same KC if fighting both cases

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.