City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

The club made that argument at CAS (we didn't give over the documents because UEFA had leaks) and got very short shrift on it.
I could be well wide of the mark on this but I don't think CAS are there to necessarily question how UEFA went about things and offer up criticism of UEFA where it might be warranted. Their job was to simply decide whether City were guilty of what UEFA accused us of. CAS effectively laughed UEFA's evidence right out of court - about a dozen references to "no evidence" in the CAS report - but their language in the report about that was diplomatic rather than inflammatory. I've not read the whole of the IC report into Everton's most recent case but the snippets I've seen regarding the accusations of non-cooperation from the PL show the IC being far more scathing of the PL than CAS were of UEFA when throwing out the main charges against us.

I actually think the media coverage of our case against the PL has been even worse than the coverage of the PL's case against us. It's been nothing short of a fucking disgrace and they're all going to look like right cunts if City win and it turns out that the PL's APT rules are unlawful.
It is as bad as the coverage of the Super League proposal which prompted street violence from some fans. This is as toxic as it gets.

Going on holiday next week, already decided I'm telling people I'm not into football if coversation turns to who do you support. Even told the Mrs and two grown up kids not butt in if they hear me say it and blab who I support. Really cant arsed with the vitriol, bantz, snide digs, bingo card shite that will likely follow.
no wrong move,take your shirt and rub there fucking noses in it if they start

The reporting keeps pushing the line that City and Newcastle would be able to get sponsorships for huge money but to ne the crux of City's argument is that the new rules give a built in advantage to the usual suspects because what is deemed a fair amount of sponsorship to them would be much higher than other clubs so its just protectionism
This aspect has been ignored in the reporting however, surprise, surprise.

That's a really interesting article, thanks. Perhaps this part explains why City are now claiming compensation:

"Concerns were also raised about the retrospective nature of the rules, given deals entered into within the preceding three years are caught. Objectors referenced the potentially unfair impact on clubs which have ongoing relationships in place with parties that now fall under the ambit of ‘associated party’. These clubs could face not only commercial but also potential legal issues, depending on the nature of these commitments."

I actually think the media coverage of our case against the PL has been even worse than the coverage of the PL's case against us. It's been nothing short of a fucking disgrace and they're all going to look like right cunts if City win and it turns out that the PL's APT rules are unlawful.
No question that this has been the worst coverage we’ve ever had. It’s like the world as we know it is going to end - all City’s fault.

That's a really interesting article, thanks. Perhaps this part explains why City are now claiming compensation:

"Concerns were also raised about the retrospective nature of the rules, given deals entered into within the preceding three years are caught. Objectors referenced the potentially unfair impact on clubs which have ongoing relationships in place with parties that now fall under the ambit of ‘associated party’. These clubs could face not only commercial but also potential legal issues, depending on the nature of these commitments."
Well that's them making it a legal requirement... based on a legal framework?

So are they really trying to make clubs ditch deals that they now find offensive?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.