City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Well done Lee the blue who just rang in Talksport, called in and called out the presenters bias. Told them not to speak on behalf of City fans.

Also asked where this uproar was when Russian and US investment came into the league.

More than held his own and shut them up with facts and a balanced view. So obviously they cut him off mid flow.

What Alex crook has just said on talk sport was an absolute disgrace! Saying genuine fans and club staff are ashamed of the club and that we are destroying football. I can’t believe they are being allowed to do this. I know most blues don’t care and enjoy the ‘piss boiling’ but it’s really upsetting me this daily shit and is affecting my mental health.
Mate, I'm sorry to read that. But you really need to switch off from it all. There's nothing to be gained from tuning in if it makes you feel that bad. As my late father used to say in the 1990s "us blues have to stick together". Walk away from it but know that this relentless barrage against us will not last forever, makes us more close-knit, and there will come a day when we're all able to ram it back down their throats. That day is coming. Hang in there, chief.

Well done Lee the blue who just rang in Talksport, called in and called out the presenters bias. Told them not to speak on behalf of City fans.

Also asked where this uproar was when Russian and US investment came into the league.

More than held his own and shut them up with facts and a balanced view. So obviously they cut him off mid flow.
Gutted missed this

When John Stuart Mill referred to the tyranny of the majority, it was not some throw away point (On Liberty is probably one of the most important three books on the issue of political philosophy. It's a seminal text). He was highlighting a key issues with majority rule. From City's perspective, the reference to tyranny of the majority highlights a failure in governance. Maybe an extension of this is the need for an independent regular. Some have laughed off the reference as they do not understand it (evidenced by the misuse of the term by a number of journalists although they give the impression they are well read on the issue) but it is a key point from a perspective of fairness. I can only argue on the point of 'fairness' as I know the square root of bugger all about the legal aspects of competition. With law based on morality, among other things like protecting the interests of the rich ;), you would therefore expect this point to be considered seriously by the arbitration committee/panel rather than treated as a throw away comment.

Anyway, #buyacoffee
Spot on. Everybody has lost their shit over that quote without looking at the reasons.

Majority democracy is not always the best solution when the majority are insulated by being on the PL money gravy train. This ‘majority’ is made up of elite clubs that enjoy the benefit of big revenue with drawbridge pulled up, and mid table clubs happy with their lot and not having to deal with pesky ambitious clubs looking to climb above them.

Self preservation clubs looking at protecting their positions instead of what is best for a healthy league.

Also Matthew the blue, another one giving our point of view and calling out the presenters bias/incorrect reporting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.