City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Yes. It is.

That is the entire purpose of a phone-in discussion show. You don't really think it's about having a reasoned debate, do you?

phone calls aren't how they make money or how they operate.

they're shock jocks.

Second paragrapgh...

Premier League’s rules on sponsorship deals, which forbid related companies (such as Etihad Airways sponsoring a team backed by Abu Dhabi)

I'm fairly certain Etihad aren't classed as a related party? not that the they let the truth get in the way of a story.

It isn't but this new rule we are saying is unlawful maybe that Etihad deal now has been set as associated and been reduced by a 1/4? All guess work on my part though..

Clubs siding with red cartels should remember that sooner or later these rules will come and bite their anus from behind .

They won't remember.

City and fans were saying the ffp rules etc will damage a clubs attempts to get into the top 4.

Fast forward many years and the penny has dropped but City are still the ones who get criticised.

Stefan was quite convinced it wouldn’t be made pubic but he didn’t say why. I don’t know!
  • Rule X.31 specifies: "The award shall be in writing and shall contain reasons for the tribunal’s decision. A copy of it shall be provided to the Board and to the Chair of the Judicial Panel. Where the award contains decisions on points of law or interpretation that the Chair of the Judicial Panel considers to be of wider application or use to the Board and Clubs, with the agreement of the parties to the arbitration, he/she may produce and circulate to the Board (for distribution to Clubs) an anonymised summary of the award."
This means that while the arbitration proceedings are confidential and conducted in private, the written award is shared with theparties and the Board and the Chair of the Judicial Panel. If the award includes decisions that have broader implications, an anonymised summary may be distributed to the Clubs, provided there is agreement from the parties involved.

No provision for wider release but maybe they will agree to that

I've always found it incredibly strange that a bunch of English literature graduates are somehow qualified to write about a dense legal and financial regulatory setup with any sort of platform or authority. I've a mate whose opinion is usually "I have absolutely no idea". He's a Grade 3 prosecutor for the CPS on the Fraud List.

How in the world he says he can't offer a decent opinion and only general thoughts (as he's not familiar with football regs like you) but some broadsheet journo thinks they've got it all figured out just beggars belief.

Maybe I've finally turned into one of the crackpots but I don't believe for one second the stories that this would kill the EFL deal, bring about the superleague, let 39th games be played overseas and end all financial regulation etc. were thought up independently by these journalists. They're getting given stories by our rivals and they're too stupid or not interested in sorting out which ones actually have substance and which should be binned.

If you were to deliberately pick 3 topics that would get all fans united against something it would be money to grassroots, 39th games and the Superleague, and despite there being absolutely no way that this could bring about any of those things, the Daily Mail has been told by it's sources that these things will happen.

It took nearly 3 days for the fact 4 other clubs are potentially siding with us to emerge FFS! So it's not 1 club vs the world anymore, it's possibly 4/5 massive clubs.

Last edited:
White American
Is the definition of associated party completely open-ended?

Under the current rules what is to stop the PL saying that the Manyoo/Livarpool/Arse American sponsors are not associated parties and therefore not subject to any assessment or limits for 'PSR' limits but our sponsors from Abu Dhabi are associated to our owners therefore our subject to their assessment before being cleared.
Duplicitous white American owners who extract maximum profit.......
V
Brown Arabs who invest long term in executives, teams,infrastructure, facilities,neighbourhoods, sporting excellence & success etc etc

• Rule X.31 specifies: "The award shall be in writing and shall contain reasons for the tribunal’s decision. A copy of it shall be provided to the Board and to the Chair of the Judicial Panel. Where the award contains decisions on points of law or interpretation that the Chair of the Judicial Panel considers to be of wider application or use to the Board and Clubs, with the agreement of the parties to the arbitration, he/she may produce and circulate to the Board (for distribution to Clubs) an anonymised summary of the award."
This means that while the arbitration proceedings are confidential and conducted in private, the written award is shared with theparties and the Board and the Chair of the Judicial Panel. If the award includes decisions that have broader implications, an anonymised summary may be distributed to the Clubs, provided there is agreement from the parties involved.

No provision for wider release but maybe they will agree to that
Thanks Stefan. Now we know.

Newcastle,Forest ,Villa ,Chelsea,Everton and ofcourse City should pull the plug on the eve of the 24/25 season if things are not sorted to a more competative change of rules

“one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”.
GW Bush tenure may be remembered for his line “You are either with us or against us”

Do you see any parallels with us yet?

In the world of the Yankee dollar, your cause is defined as right or wrong based on how you align with the West.Causes that do not align are vilified by the Western Press.

And this is the Classic US playbook. We dare challenge the profiteering of yank owners. They want a race to the bottom or at least the status quo to maintain its existence.

The alternate theory -City, Newcastle are your terrorists or to us freedom fighters. These freedom fighters nearly always fight for a good cause. The non alignment translates to terrorists in the eyes of the West.

A Yankee driven West that fears a City,Villa,Newcastle axis that will change the old order and wipe away hopes of profiteering.

And that to me is a holistic view of the constant battle we face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.