City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

The 115 charges and these current Associated Party issues are tiresome and wear you down after a while. My love for the game is wavering and the constant attacks by the media are draining. I hope I am wrong, but I'm not confident we are going to succeed in the revision of Associated Party transaction rule.

What does And I think?

On the one hand they're saying there's no money for the EFL if we win.
But on the other hand if we do win clubs can spend as much as they want.
Meaning they've got much more money coming in and that'd enable them to pay the EFL.
It's all contradictional bollocks.

Contradictional Bollocks sounds like a The Fall tour.

I'm sure they will want to buy them, at the right price

I agree, to some extent.

This is just how it is right now. We don't know what the situation will be in 2 years say. It currently isn't too far from being half the clubs need to sell. If it gets to the point where more than half need to sell and less than half are allowed to buy, then there will be clubs getting into proper problems.

I agree, to some extent.

This is just how it is right now. We don't know what the situation will be in 2 years say. It currently isn't too far from being half the clubs need to sell. If it gets to the point where more than half need to sell and less than half are allowed to buy, then there will be clubs getting into proper problems.
As long as the red cartel get to pick the best players, from their rivals at bargin prices, job done.

Never get why teams like Fulham, Brighton. West ham for example cosy up to the fuckers. It's like the said teams are happy to sit and challenge for the odd Europa Conference position and a good cup run. Zero ambition!

It's like they are happy to look up and never be a part of the elite, as long as they finish higher than 18th position every season.
They go along with it because it makes it harder for teams coming up from the championship to compete, if they have a bad season they are less likely to be relegated and off the premier league gravy train.

I use to think the clubs PR was poor. But I have changed my mind.
I don't see what would be gained by City coming out with statement after statement, it would just add fuel to the fuel. Plus the press/media would use any statement against us.

We are guilty in most people's eyes so just putting out statement after statement will make zero difference.

I have now adopted the same approach when other fans say shit, I just smile and don't get involved.
Agreed. I think the club should have been more proactive in the past but it would be crazy to say anything in the current climate of hate. There is an ongoing orchestrated smear campaign from significant elements of the UK media. There has been no attempt at balance by anyone. Everything City say is twisted and distorted. There is no point engaging with a mob of angry people with pitchforks. No other club has ever been treated like this in this country.
A dishonest narrative has been fuelled by people who hate us that City want unlimited spending. Khaldoon has never argued in favour of unlimited spending. We have simply challenged a single amendment of the new PL rules which gives far too much control to the PL and makes it impossible for clubs to sensibly run their own businesses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.