City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

we do that every year pick one, the centurions year, the aguero moment, the domestic clean sweep, the treble, every one of these has absolutely destroyed football for the istry clubs.
Yes yes but apart from that , when does jurgone get his knighthood

In that case this is the end of the premier league as a major league.
This is where rest of the clubs /fans fail to understand this simple shit .
When someone throws cheat/ 115 shit at me , I just ask them one simple question “do you want pl to become mls?” majority don’t even know what mls stands for.

Bumped into a Bar Codes supporter yesterday at work.
Started talking Football and our cause. I need not have gone into detail - he was fully aware and 100% with us.
Just nice to know not everyone is an enemy of Gods own.
You found a rare one then as most newcastle fans are on the city cheat bandwagon blinded by the media lies

They need to start afresh with the financial rules, and the first line should be a commitment that all clubs must be debt free within the next 10 years.

I cant believe how little is made of the fact that FFP was initally muted under the guise of stopping clubs going bust, debt management being a huge part to this. Instead it has become all about stopping money coming into the league for certain clubs.

While I dont like people using the Race card, you do have to question why every single modification to the rules has been to target us.
The rules regarding financial governance were originally intended to prevent unscrupulous owners coming in, landing a football club in mountains of debt chasing the dream, then buggering off leaving the club in danger of going out of business.

Seems to me a sports governing body has a legitimate interest in preventing this, so some sort of regulation regarding the maximum amount of debt allowable (say a certain percentage of turnover) would be justified and also easily verifiable.

This isn't what we got, we actually got a very complicated, overly intrusive, and anti competitive restriction on owner investment. We all have our suspicions regarding how we ended there and who was behind this change in emphasis. In simple terms, who would have been the most severely affected by an attack on debt, and who has been the most severely affected by the attack on owner investment?

My issue with the club is that we should have been far more aggressive against these rules from the start, both in the court of public opinion and the law courts. We have a good story to tell. We're standing up for ourselves against a cartel of powerful clubs who have clearly used their influence to shape these rules in such a way as to protect their own advantage and to prevent healthy competition.

Our fight against this is our own, admittedly we are acting in our own self interest, but these rules also will impact the ability of others to to follow in our footsteps. We're living the dream so why shouldn't supporters of Newcastle, Aston Villa, Everton, Wolves, etc, get the same opportunity?

So why haven't we challenged FFP under competition law? Not just the AP provisions, but the whole thing? Does a sports governing body get to dictate how much of his own money a businessman can invest in his own company in order to compete against rivals with access to superior resources? Can they demand commercially sensitive material? On what authority?

We need to go after these tossers and stop reacting to every new moving of the goalposts because this isn't going to stop until they starting feeling the pain.

Rags v Dippers eh? When the PL viewing figures coming out of America show its City who are the big draw out there. Its just another example of how big and mighty those two clubs think they are. City's Instagram followers eclipse Liverpool's, and we are gaining fast on the shower of shit from Trafford. United, living off dominance twenty years ago, Liverpool , a club that relies heavily on YNWA pumped through speakers at the beginning of a game, one fucking title in 30 years. Kids of today don't really give a shit about either club, they want to see breath taking football on the pitch which City serve up season in season out.
I pop onto RAWK occasionally - they are utterly deluded and this is a particular example.

They are obsessed and take comfort from their view that them and the redscum are so massive around the world and that there is no interest in CITY.

And there are also lots of posts where mention is made of starting to see CITY shirts more and more and how it is important for the red shirts to act to stop that trend

Just how the fuck do they think they got their following themselves - by exactly the same way - a period of domination.

In the world of today there is a far greater coverage and exposure - so our growth as a global brand will be quicker and wider.

If they fade towards mid-table mediocrity and lower - they will become a team that only has history to reflect on as they will become increasingly a non-entity globally after 15-20 years

This is their period of existential threat - it would be great to see them fade over the next years and hear their whinging

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.