City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I wonder what the logic was for relocating to the borough of Trafford at that time. Presumably there were plenty of plots available in and around Manchester. Was it expanding at the time? Were the transport links better? Maybe the land was especially cheap.

Maybe Manchester didn’t want them.

And tell him they had not just one, but two sugar-daddies pretty well continuously from 1901 to 1951. Davies saved them from bankruptcy in 1901 and funded them all the way to 1929, when he died.

They were in severe financial difficulty after that and on the verge of bankruptcy again in 1931, when James Gibson bailed them out and continued to fund them, paying for the rebuilding of the swamp after the war. When he died in 1951 they managed to survive on their own for the first time in 50 years.

When they say we'd be in League 1 if not for Sheikh Mansour, tell him they would have ceased to exist completely if not for their two sugar daddies.
This is so true. My Dad used to tell me all about toffee Gibson and how he pulled them out of the shit. They would have gone under if it wasn't for him. Wasn't they getting crowds of around 3000 at that time before the takeover?

Davies also gave them a free stadium. The club didn't pay a penny towards its construction. Rags don't like to hear that and their Pavlovian response is angry denial.

From the rags' own website:

"Davies himself paid for the building work, which commenced in 1908 under the supervision of architect Archibald Leitch. By 1910, the club had moved lock, stock and barrel from their old home of Bank Street. United's opening fixture at Old Trafford was played on 19 February 1910."
This whole 1878 claim is a blatant lie as well. Davies, built them a stadium, chose their new colours, gave them a new name of Manchester United (which is another lie) effectively starting a new club from a nucleus of a club all but dead. The land must have been cheap, the whole club was built on bullshit.

I wonder what the logic was for relocating to the borough of Trafford at that time. Presumably there were plenty of plots available in and around Manchester. Was it expanding at the time? Were the transport links better? Maybe the land was especially cheap.

I assumed it was to be located by the biggest industrial estate in Europe where all those working men finished work & went on the piss until the pubs closed & needed something to do at 3pm.

Prime swamp land.

Davies also gave them a free stadium. The club didn't pay a penny towards its construction. Rags don't like to hear that and their Pavlovian response is angry denial.

From the rags' own website:

"Davies himself paid for the building work, which commenced in 1908 under the supervision of architect Archibald Leitch. By 1910, the club had moved lock, stock and barrel from their old home of Bank Street. United's opening fixture at Old Trafford was played on 19 February 1910."

I hope you’ve cleared your cookies since.

That’s their entire summer budget offered, until they manage to sell themselves.
'Until they manage to sell themselves'?!

That lot have been selling themselves for all my lifetime of 70+ years! More than that.. they've been whoring themselves to the highest bidder(s) as far back as I can remember!!

(Btw, spot on in what you say regarding their transfer budget for this coming window. You'd think by now some of those clever clogs 'journalists' who so readily offer 'advice' and 'counsel' to us City supporters on how we should behave and interact with our club would have got their calculators out and done the maths on just what The Red Filth will be able to afford.. of course, they're too lazy-arsed to do anything but write click-bait articles about how we're 'ruining football'..)

The Pl has really messed it up for Villa and Everton. Wish the other clubs would wise up and fight along with us not against us.
Pretty sure the other clubs are wise to what is happening. The cartel have had a strangle hold on the so called smaller clubs for a few decades + . This strangle hold is getting stronger with every club the yanks move in to. Add that to the manipulation of the media brainwashing the brain dead.
The yanks are the big school bully and are only happy when they get their way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.