City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

If we have been knocked back by the PL on new sponsorships and let's take the Etihad deal was running at around 66m per year, then what's a new deal worth for the PL champions and world club champions, unprecedented, so surely the only people who could give True market value are the sponsor themselves.
world's best can also add to this, the most watched Pl club on TV in the States, the biggest market in the world.
CFG giving the sponsor instant exposure to all four corners of the world.
An ownership that ploughs all profits to continue to become the world's best.
There must be others that don't come to mind.

Which is why City are also demanding a pound of flesh if we are successful.

Being paid damages sets an almighty precedent for an acquittal later this year.

If we want reparation from the Premier League for impacting sponsorship deals, goodness knows what the millions would run in to for reputational damage as a result of the 115 charges?

They have come after the source of our money while leaving themselves open to their own vault.

I think they are quite different things, and I don't think precedent really matters in either. It is one thing to claim damages for deals delayed due to introduction of rules that turn out to be illegal. It is another to look for damages of an investigation whether set rules were broken.

That's just speaking from a logical take, no legal claim there whatsoever.

Don't understand that surely the rule applies to all the other clubs

It doesn't though, that's the point.

On paper, it might but its application does not. The assessment only happens to deals deemed associated, and the PL decide which parties are associated and then the 'true' value of those deals.

world's best can also add to this, the most watched Pl club on TV in the States, the biggest market in the world.
Also growing on Indian tv, Etihads second target market.

Amazing to think we achieved all of this siimply by slipping a manager a few quid in a brown envelope!
Allegedly!

STOP PRESS.
Each tram depot was equipped with a reservoir filled from the mains feed with a compressor. Trams had a set of small reservoirs which were filled from the depots supply at 8 Atmospheres.
(Note the amazing technical detail. Google is your friend.)
The atmospheres were severely depleted by the time the trams reached the swamp.

I think it would be very difficult to get damages if we were acquitted of the 115. The PL would maintain they were just doing their job. We would need to show bad faith. Perhaps the emails disclose something, otherwise we could be whistling in the dark.
There will not be any emails that do any damage to the premier league
They will not hand them over or will pretend they don’t exist

That being said, it only gives city more ammunition if they don’t submit them, or if upon receipt it becomes clear they have not submitted the whole lot and have therefore acted in bad faith

Me personally I would get any emails that land that remotely show collusion or bad faith and I would immediately leak them.
Time to start fighting dirty

That being said, it only gives city more ammunition if they don’t submit them, or if upon receipt it becomes clear they have not submitted the whole lot and have therefore acted in bad faith

Me personally I would get any emails that land that remotely show collusion or bad faith and I would immediately leak them.
Or we already have them and are waiting to see how transparent the PL are going to be?

As you said they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the email request, unless they are 100% squeaky clean which is hugely unlikely there will either be emails suggesting a level of collusion or maybe even worse for them gaps in the emails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.