City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I wonder how City would gave got on under good old PJ Swales with the present day rules
Wasn't Peter Swales well in with the FA when Chairman of City ?
Remember Maine Road regularly getting England U-21s matches.
Was Swales Chairman of City when the Football League voted to end the equal sharing of home attendance monies ?
Seem to remember City were supporters of this big change to club's finances ?
That to me, is when the bigger clubs (including City) started to flex their muscles...

Was Swales Chairman of City when the Football League voted to end the equal sharing of home attendance monies ?
That to me, is when the bigger clubs (including City) started to flex their muscles...
Weren't we in the 2nd division when they changed the gate receipt rules?

Edit: I thought that was just the top league but maybe not.

2nd Edit :( just realised that the PL wasn't in existence then.

That to me, is when the bigger clubs(including City) started to flex their muscles...
Fred Pye would have had a quiet word with the rest of the Quality street gang in close attention

Yes to all of the above

These shitbag journalists turn this bilge out for clicks from our redshirted friends.
Otherwise why say the cases are linked then fail to link them in any way or explain the means by which one affects the other.
For any onlookers, the case for the removal of APTs is NOT at the expense of ALL regulation but simply a means to return to the legalistic IAS 24 recognised by financial institutions and other football stakeholders as the method by which "Related Parties" are established and their financial dealings with each other accounted for in the Company accounts instead of this made up nonsense the PL and the redshirt alliance have come up with to try to derail City and clip Newcastles wings before they leave the nest.

The removal of APT's has no bearing on the FFP charges as:
1. Those charges allege conduct between 2009-2018 and these new regs were established in 2024.
2. Citys sponsorship income has not been challenged as to its value as either "Related" or "None Related" in any of those FFP charges brought by the PL.

Last edited:
any article that quotes keith wyness can be disregarded out of hand as complete gibberish

He was back yesterday claiming that the complete silence on the PL's case against City means that governments are now involved in the background. He is a complete fool. Silence just means the PL haven't broken their own rules for a while.

He was back yesterday claiming that the complete silence on the PL's case against City means that governments are now involved in the background. He is a complete fool. Silence just means the PL haven't broken their own rules for a while.
I mean yeah because someone shilling for football365 would definitely have access to inner government machinations, makes perfect sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.