City launch legal action against the Premier League

Why worried? I see this as the club being on the front foot, being aggressive, and standing up for ourselves.
The size of the stakes I guess - I think this latest move means we either win or perish. If we win then the Premier League might not survive the fallout - CTID

Please write a book . I’d love to read these stories.
Example...

I was one of those 'Super Heads'. I was drafted in to turn around failing schools. So, late one Friday afternoon, I was stomping around putting out fires started by terrible teachers trying to manage angry kids, kids mostly hewn from angry homes. The usual failing school cocktail, tbf.

I noticed a pile if leaves outside the Science block. It was quite large, but it would be, what with a lad hiding underneath. He preferred that to the Chemistry lesson he was avoiding. I understood. What a school that was. Turned it around though, in time. Epically difficult work, but paid ridiculously well.

The PremierLeague does need a huge shake up with the way it is currently being run and certain club being allowed to have near enough a free reign. Although it is the last resort the legal action was necessary even with the consequences if we do lose.

The media is stuffed with utd and liverpool fanzine writers who act as cheerleaders for those clubs.

Wish someone at the club would call it out repeatedly rather than hoping they'll all change their tune or go away as time goes on.
City won't cry foul over something subjective.

They load their armour for the fundamental matters that will materialy change the rules and structure of football.

Remember Marc Bosman ??

Not sure how serious this is so happy to be corrected by the forum big wigs but the original report was very hyperbolic and we are just challenging a Premier League rule with the rules set out by the Premier League. Hardly a Civil War that will shake the foundations of the league.

The accusations of bias and racism are very strong though only if we have concrete evidence to back it up. It may lead to people resigning but I doubt there is a house of cards that is going to tumble down if the tribunal finds in our favour. The accusations of racism just add a little colour to our complaint but would just demonstrate one person was racist rather than the system is.

Glad to see the club standing up for itself but unless we are challenging the majority rule stuff in general rather than again adding colour I'm not sure how damaging this will be to the EPL if they lose
I think it is serious because there is a clear split between the clubs. It is also an opportunity for City to expose some of the skullduggery which has been going on. If 12 clubs do give evidence to support the PL and others oppose them it will open up a lot of wounds. The discrimination allegations are serious under any circumstances. City must have strong evidence to make them. I wonder if City know who has leaked the latest story to the Times. They must have a good idea and it may become public at some stage. This is going to get very messy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.