City launch legal action against the Premier League

Don't remember that. The Times claimed that 10 to 12 clubs might be witnesses for the PL. I can't imagine anything more stupid if the PL did share City's confidential legal documents with all the PL clubs (who are all our commercial rivals). The issue has always been that some (but not all) club Directors have been kept in the loop throughout the case.
Yeah, having re-read it, it doesn't say they shared the document in full...

"In his letter to clubs on March 1, Plumb detailed the nature of City’s legal challenge under Section X of the Premier League rules.

Plumb explained how the Premier League had to secure an order that enabled it to disclose the details of the arbitration to its member clubs and confirm that it was indeed City who had filed a claim. “The purpose of this letter is to provide those further details, within the bounds of the confidentiality of the proceedings, and to confirm the process by which any club may participate in the arbitration,” Plumb states."

I work with a Forest fan who's obsessed with this. Every morning I do a handover from nights with him, the same shite: How come City haven't been punished then? I say to him, mate, why are you so focused on us and not the people who have attacked you?

Also, why do you think I care? It's got nothing to do with me. Because I wear a blue shirt that means I'm here for you to attack me with your financial fair play hate? Absolutely nothing to do with me. I like watching goals go in the net, keepers save goals, beautiful passes across the pitch and celebrating when we win.

None of this has anything to do with me. I supported City before this, support them now and will forever. Cunts going on like its Hitler Versus the Jews and I decided to support Hitler.

Mental isn't it. I did a little thread on twitter about how done I am with it all. It's just exhausting. I don't think some realise how much it's crossed over into real life for some of us. I'm aware that personally I have a bit of a platform due to my YouTube stuff so my experiences won't be the same as many, but ill never get used to random strangers bringing it up to me in public. It's wild. I've had grown men shout 115 at me. A guy working at a train station even asked me about it when I was trying to board a train. Bring the back days of just chatting shit about footballers instead.

Mental isn't it. I did a little thread on twitter about how done I am with it all. It's just exhausting. I don't think some realise how much it's crossed over into real life for some of us. I'm aware that personally I have a bit of a platform due to my YouTube stuff so my experiences won't be the same as many, but ill never get used to random strangers bringing it up to me in public. It's wild. I've had grown men shout 115 at me. A guy working at a train station even asked me about it when I was trying to board a train. Bring the back days of just chatting shit about footballers instead.
Could you link or message me to this.

I work with a Forest fan who's obsessed with this. Every morning I do a handover from nights with him, the same shite: How come City haven't been punished then? I say to him, mate, why are you so focused on us and not the people who have attacked you?

Also, why do you think I care? It's got nothing to do with me. Because I wear a blue shirt that means I'm here for you to attack me with your financial fair play hate? Absolutely nothing to do with me. I like watching goals go in the net, keepers save goals, beautiful passes across the pitch and celebrating when we win.

None of this has anything to do with me. I supported City before this, support them now and will forever. Cunts going on like its Hitler Versus the Jews and I decided to support Hitler.
Fuck him

Listen if City want to hire me as a spokesman that is one thing. If I am giving a good faith opinion (with caveats) I will say what I want to say. Cheers

Listen if City want to hire me as a spokesman that is one thing. If I am giving a good faith opinion (with caveats) I will say what I want to say. Cheers
God forbid they ever hire you in any capacity again other than to trawl through the accounts. We’d still have mark Hughes as manager and mangala at centre back given views I’ve heard you express in the past.

Thing about Stef is, he’s just a fan and prone to bias with certain things just like the rest of us. His opinion, just like anyone else’s is equally valid and invalid.

No one knows what is going on in the very top echelons. But I’ll tell you this, we’re run by people who don’t fuck about, and certainly don’t enter into legal battles they don’t expect to win.

There’s only one result coming here - total vindication.

Its mental. I was thinking today how boring and draining the whole fuckin thing is.

Yeah, having re-read it, it doesn't say they shared the document in full...

"In his letter to clubs on March 1, Plumb detailed the nature of City’s legal challenge under Section X of the Premier League rules.

Plumb explained how the Premier League had to secure an order that enabled it to disclose the details of the arbitration to its member clubs and confirm that it was indeed City who had filed a claim. “The purpose of this letter is to provide those further details, within the bounds of the confidentiality of the proceedings, and to confirm the process by which any club may participate in the arbitration,” Plumb states."
So probably a brief summary was circulated in March to let clubs know the timescales etc. The Times say they have a 165-page submission document from City seven days before the hearing. It's possible they have got it before the Judges have seen it. If so that is a major issue for the PL. It has been the same MO from day 1. A strategic leak to a friendly press contact followed by distorted and biased media coverage. This is just corruption in plain sight from a body which is supposed to operate as a regulator.

Just joining a few possible dots. In his end of season talk Khaldoon was clearly looking forward to City participating in next year's Club world cup. But as Acadmica pointed out earlier to me with a link, the PL have made it public that they don't think next year's Club World Cup is a good idea, based on the fact that players need a break. I am assuming that if the PL vote on it, the two thirds majority could cancel PL clubs participation.

However as I understand it only City and Chelsea would qualify for it. If they were to participate they would gain over £100m in prize money. So its not in the interest of the other clubs to let them participate. The 'tyranny of the majority' comes in as pointed out again by Academica!

Chelsea and City and their players should be able to decide if they want to participate. Not Daniel Levy, Tom Werner, Jim Ratclife, Stan Kroenke, etc etc, etc

However, compare this to the FA and PL stance 24 year's ago, when Utd were not only encouraged to go to the Club World Cup, but were given special dispensation to not take part in the FA Cup that year. Utd clearly only wanted to take part in the Club World Cup, as it meant more money to them than participating in the FA Cup. This is clearly double standards in my mind.

So the current voting system can clearly be used to disadvantage a minority of clubs, when it suits them.
The FA are members of FIFA I’m pretty sure that City are obligated to play as the UCL
2023 winners PL ultimately are licensed by The FA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.