City launch legal action against the Premier League

To be honest all this feels to me like a deliberate attempt to fuck things up so much that everyone says scrap all the financial rules. It's just bizarre. I know the votes keep happening on these amendments, but who keeps putting forward the proposals? Is it all the PL themselves?

Edit - When theres so many of these rules and the PL and UEFA ones may differ in some ways, surely there's a risk of some slightly contradicting each other. Feels like the best accountants will be worth more than a 20 goal a season striker soon.
I’ve had this thought myself. Why would the PL? Kill the golden goose? Well if it was being done from the inside through a double agent to force a European super league it would make sense

This. And the Premier League can also negotiate a sponsorship deal with the same company on any terms as well! Hence City calling out the Premier League for potentially having a "conflict of interest".
I think in law the PL ceases to be a governing body and is a commercial rival, and the competition is certainly not fair.

Just scrap all this financial bollocks, football didn't need it for over a hundred years and doesn't need it now.
It's needed now because the so called "big clubs" have been completely taken over. The powers that be are trying to put a stop to it.

It's funny reading the likes of "All football clubs and fans want is a level playing field"...

Eh, There's never been a level playing field, The Rags have spent more than anybody else in the Premier League (still doing it to this day), They were successful years ago because they bought up every top player whilst the rest of the league hadn't a pot to piss in...

Real Madrid with all the Galacticos, No moaning about that either, Apparently it was great that they were spending millions buying all the top players!

The so called "elite" are throwing their toys out of the pram now because little City are winning everything, They succeeded in stopping Newcastle spending money because they are afraid of there lives that they'll also overtake them all (which they would have).

Although it's OK for your stadium to be falling apart, Being £900m in debt, Yet still spend £80m on 32 year olds...That's fine.

Given that nobody truly knows the context behind the Tyrany of the majority quote, here is my immediate thought.

If a rule is proposed that is unlawful, but a defined majority are in favour of it and decide to apply the rule then it can't be allowed. If it is then the phrase used would be applicable and understandable in my eyes.

Very good point it is too.
Definitely, the context of this remark has to be understood before any conclusions can be jumped to……
Unless you’re on X/Twitter or whatever.

Not really. The rules allow for abstentions. It is 14 votes OR two thirds of however many vote. Which 12 out of 18 happened to be, unfortunately.

The witch hunt against our club is now reaching new levels , we couldnt be more hated if Putin was named CEO of our club , but when a club dominates a league for nearly a decade it comes with the territory , its just sheer jealousy and hatred and the media are the tool that is being used by the Rags , Dippers and a few other envious clubs.
We are the best run club in europe , we spend less than the majoriy of our competitors and have done for years but we collect trophies for fun , if this appeal and the 115 charges goes against us i would seriously think the European Super League will come to the forefront for us and more than likely Sheik Mansour will play a big part in the finances of a new ESL , if the Premier league drive the jewel in their crown out of their league then more fool them because we are now a european and world wide brand growing every season , if they want to relegate us and bring in West Brom or Norwich in place of us it is business stupidity of the highest level. But the Premier league are run by the red'istree clubs and the likes of lilly livered Masters just bow to their every whim.
Bring on Juventus ,Real , Barca , PSG and the other european elite clubs , a bit of a bugger financing away trips to Turin and Madrid but the tickets will probably be cheaper for a start :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.