City launch legal action against the Premier League

True but they are still too far gone to change their opinions.
The UK media are terrified of the dippers and that region, that's just a fact and I told you the reason.

Difficult to talk about the last tragedy in Sheffield but why is the Hysell one airbrushed for their history?

Much of the comment on the present case is ignorant and ill informed and so called reputable media outlets are as bad as the most rabid fans. The case will be decided by a tribunal nominated according to regulations laid down in the constitution of the PL NOT by the High court, and unless we have read the 165 page document compiled by City's advisers (all Liverpool fans have, of course) we don't know what City's claim(s) is/are. My belief is that City believe that the APT are discriminatory because they apply a variable principle to sponsorship deals: City's deal with and "associated" party (whatever that is deemed to be) must be subject to the FMV test but Manchester United are unlikely to be hampered by any such problems with the same or any other sponsor. What is doubly depressing is the assumption that enterprises in the Gulf will automatically act as conduits for massive sums of money to be transferred to "associated" clubs. There is no evidence at all that City have been involved in such deals and I marvel at the arrogance of the PL in assuming that commercial enterprises have nothing to do other than load money into clubs. It smacks of guilty until proven innocent. The experience of this las week or so suggests that there are far more real problems with the motivation for generous sponsorship of clubs by organisations NOT being based in the Gulf than those the PL seem to worry about.

Yep. Onerous, discriminatory and unnecessary. I'm not surprised the club is challenging them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.