City launch legal action against the Premier League

I think you’re missing the point - they’re all related parties, hence the scrutiny. You’re simply emphasising why there’s a widely held theory that the entire purpose of the City ownership is to benefit and project Abu Dhabi onto the world, via football.

Surely we should have hired competent people who could facilitate investment exclusively from non-related parties and remove any doubt as to where the money is coming from.
la-olorosa-the-rock.gif

Well it didn't fucking work did it? Never heard a peep about human rights abuses in the UAE until they bought City. All these Journalists who slag us to fuck because we stopped their football team winning trophies would be in Abu Dhabi once a year for the Grand Prix sipping free champers telling us all how wonderful everything is with loads of anecdotes about wise Bedouins and how Sheikh Mohammed learnt from the best at Sandhurst.
How many of those football journalists constantly linking us to human rights abuses in the UAE told their editors they wouldn't be going to the Qatar World Cup on ethical grounds?

A friend of mine in work who is a red, but he’s an Intelligent person, who you can have a sensible chat with him most times, thinks there is on jeopardy in Sheikh Mansour/Abu Dhabi funding and owning City because they’ve got limitless amounts of money. My counter argument was, there’s no jeopardy for American ‘billionaires’ owning United, Liverpool and Arsenal either.

I think you’re missing the point - they’re all related parties, hence the scrutiny. You’re simply emphasising why there’s a widely held theory that the entire purpose of the City ownership is to benefit and project Abu Dhabi onto the world, via football.

Surely we should have hired competent people who could facilitate investment exclusively from non-related parties and remove any doubt as to where the money is coming from.
Haha, a new toy for us to play with , do you not have a life

I think you're not a City fan.

We did, we have no related sponsorships, but the PL changed the rule to ‘Associated’. So deals we made years ago are changed in status whenever they are renewed. This change is the whole point which you are missing by a country mile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.