City launch legal action against the Premier League

I assumed it was to be located by the biggest industrial estate in Europe where all those working men finished work & went on the piss until the pubs closed & needed something to do at 3pm.
That was the reason according to "Worzel Gummidge" Ratcliffe. He reckons it was built to be in walking distance of Trafford Park because there was no public transport in 1910. Pretty sure there were plenty of trains and buses at the time. Maybe he is getting confused with Monaco.

That was the reason according to "Worzel Gummidge" Ratcliffe. He reckons it was built to be in walking distance of Trafford Park because there was no public transport in 1910. Pretty sure there were plenty of trains and buses at the time. Maybe he is getting confused with Monaco.

It was created in the 1890s with the opening of the ship canal & had 12k people working there before the swamp was built peaking at 75k in the 1940s.

I believe they had trams operating.

This whole 1878 claim is a blatant lie as well. Davies, built them a stadium, chose their new colours, gave them a new name of Manchester United (which is another lie) effectively starting a new club from a nucleus of a club all but dead. The land must have been cheap, the whole club was built on bullshit.
I've always said this 'manchester united' didn't exist until 1902 . Newton heath were a different club, just like Ardwick/West Gorton, admittedly there are links but a different Club nonetheless. Despite all the bullshit , they aren't older than MANCHESTER CITY FC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.