City launch legal action against the Premier League

It was created in the 1890s with the opening of the ship canal & had 12k people working there before the swamp was built peaking at 75k in the 1940s.

I believe they had trams operating.
I worked at gec in trafford park and can confirm this. As they had a photo on a wall of when the tram converted to electric in 1903. can't even remember my kids names some days but had this fact in the back of my mind for 30 odd years waiting for this moment my life is now complete.

Wasn't Trafford then (formed 1974)

Was the area considered parg of Lan Manchester or Cheshire at that time?
Good point! I’d forgotten that Trafford was a creature of the Local Government Act 1972!

Being the boring **** that I am, according to Schedule 1 of that Act, Trafford was comprised of the previous urban districts of Urmston and Stretford from the administrative county of Lancaster - and the previous urban districts of Altrincham, Sale, Bowden and Hale; the previous rural district of Bucklow; and the parishes of Carrington, Dunham Massey, Partington and Warburton from the administrative county of Chester!

Wasn't Trafford then (formed 1974)

Was the area considered part of Lancashire, Manchester or Cheshire at that time?
No. Old Trafford has always been in the market town of Stretford. Which isn’t in Manchester and it’s not in Salford. It’s a separate entity. It’s a municipal borough now in Trafford.

They will be fine when Friedkin takes over, another one to add to the Yankee cartel. The league is being taken over by the USA.

Half our matches will end up getting played in the States or the teams will be franchised out to cities over there.
I'll end up following Warrington Town, only round the corner.

I worked at gec in trafford park and can confirm this. As they had a photo on a wall of when the tram converted to electric in 1903. can't even remember my kids names some days but had this fact in the back of my mind for 30 odd years waiting for this moment my life is now complete.
Before 1903, they were gas trams.

And no, I have no idea how they were connected to the mains.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.