City launch legal action against the Premier League

Have read all the posts on this .but no wiser than when I started.dont understand why we're going down this route.we seem to be able to buy any player we want .we are winning trophies every year .breaking records every year.made 80 Million profit last year.can not see why we are going to war with the majority of other clubs .unless im missing something

It seems probable that the club’s allegation that these rules were specifically targeted at City is what was behind the recent disclosure order requiring the PL to disclose all their emails etc relating to Manchester City.

The interesting feature of that particular direction is that it came so close before the hearing that started last week. It strikes me as probable that the direction was made at a much earlier stage and was appealed, with the outcome of the case coming shortly before the arbitration.

This. I never understood why everyone thought the disclosure was for the 115 case, or why it had just happened. It has no relevance, as far as I can see, to the 115 case. And the APT leak came four months after the claim, after all. It probably came from the directions hearing for the tribunal which should have been held shortly after the arbitrators had been appointed (X.18.3):

1000000452.png
In any case, if the arbitrators felt the need to order that discovery, the club presumably persuaded them there was a need for it. Which, I suppose, is encouraging.

This. I never understood why everyone thought the disclosure was for the 115 case, or why it had just happened. It has no relevance, as far as I can see, to the 115 case. And the APT leak came four months after the claim, after all. It probably came from the directions hearing for the tribunal which should have been held shortly after the arbitrators had been appointed (X.18.3):

View attachment 122649
In any case, if the arbitrators felt the need to order that discovery, the club presumably persuaded them there was a need for it. Which, I suppose, is encouraging.
Maybe because Lawton speciifcally stated it was 115 when he dropped the story might have somegthing to do with it..

Man City hearing: Premier League officials told to disclose texts and emails​

exclusive

Senior officials hand over messages before November hearing into 115 charges against the club with separate hearing over City’s legal action against league set to begin on Monday​

I’d imagine the US billionaires also materially influence their sponsors / partners with shareholdings.

Be intereesting to see if the APL rules and definitions could be used to confirm that hedge funds and their PL club owners could potentially be Associated Parties to their sponsors.

Be a shame if they had to disclose all holdings in companies that were looking to sponsor any PL club just to check if they had any dealings with hedge funds, or pension funds or the like....

Maybe because Lawton speciifcally stated it was 115 when he dropped the story might have somegthing to do with it..

Man City hearing: Premier League officials told to disclose texts and emails​

exclusive

Senior officials hand over messages before November hearing into 115 charges against the club with separate hearing over City’s legal action against league set to begin on Monday​

Yes, I know that was the story, but it could just as easily prove he has no idea what he is talking about. It wouldn't be the first time.

Be intereesting to see if the APL rules and definitions could be used to confirm that hedge funds and their PL club owners could potentially be Associated Parties to their sponsors.

Be a shame if they had to disclose all holdings in companies that were looking to sponsor any PL club just to check if they had any dealings with hedge funds, or pension funds or the like....
Ha. Silver lake says yes.

Hornet's nest :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.