City launch legal action against the Premier League

I think it would be very difficult to get damages if we were acquitted of the 115. The PL would maintain they were just doing their job. We would need to show bad faith. Perhaps the emails disclose something, otherwise we could be whistling in the dark.

We may get somewhere if we can prove that the PL have been actively leaking info to the media - as I’m sure they have - in a deliberate attempt to damage the club and the brand. Some of the steers the media have had must have come from the PL - such as the original briefing to Ziegler before even the club were informed of the charges.

Agree. I am sure as well that at some point or other a player will have decided against joining us and joined a rival partly due to having doubts about any potential punishment. Yes, we've coped pretty well and signed alternatives, but who knows if a player could have specifically said no because of the charges? Maybe we'd even have that info already.

You have to also wonder whether the tsunami of bad publicity has put some sponsors off…..

Not once in my life have I listened to talk sport does that make me odd?
No I tried it once or twice, here’s the thing though even if it was any good for sport talk, ( it isn’t no good at all) the constant inane non sport chatter, adverts news means there’s only about 15 / 20 minutes actual sport content in any hour. How anyone can listen is a mystery to me.

Zebra pants gate was the definition of cheating, getting a game called off because you have a few injuries
It was and still remains a scandal. Not least because postponing that game indirectly had an effect on CL places because it meant rearranging games.
The other point is the media support for Raggy arseface and his carrier bag pitch invasion was simply appalling and a bit like post truth seems to have been accepted as normality………by the likes of Spitty and Neville knobhead

I doubt it. It’s a stretch.
1. Any damage from the 115 is too remote from them. It is OUR accounts that are in question. There is an inference that Etihad and its auditors are complicit, I suppose. Not enough.
2. The PL valuation is an opinion and doesn’t carry any negative implication for Etihad.
Perhaps @projectriver has a view. My thin knowledge of these things is 30 years out of date!

Appreciate it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.