City launch legal action against the Premier League

any article that quotes keith wyness can be disregarded out of hand as complete gibberish
As far as I’m can tell he has not involved with a premier league club since 2018 when he was suspended by Villa
As such I very much doubt he has any genuine insight into any current football matters & as he is not a stakeholder in Football 365/Planet Sport (Holdings) Ltd I can only conclude he is cheap to quote.

Decades ago I did data modelling for Unilever, they used Nielsen sales data extensively, After months of the data not making any sense (selling more to public than shipping wholesale) It emerged Nielsen were using the same sales data for multiple clients and just switching the brands round based on who the customer was as "that's what they thought the marketing folks wanted to see". of course they may have cleaned up their act over the decades but I very much doubt it and your last line is as prevalent as ever.
Had similar experience about 10-15 years back. Was working on designing a proposed expansion for their Port Sunlight site, mainly to support their Dove & Dove for Men product range. Proposal seemed to be about 50% oversized, because it was based on Nielsen marketing data. All the site production managers were saying the only time they got anywhere near the Nielsen sales figures were when they had 3 for 2 or bogof promotions.

Can't we just go back to the old days. Someone buys/owners a club and can invest as much as he wants. If fans don't like it they demonstrate.

How many clubs went bust under that system ?

It seems more clubs are at risk because of these rules that are meant to protect them.

Can't we just go back to the old days. Someone buys/owners a club and can invest as much as he wants. If fans don't like it they demonstrate.

How many clubs went bust under that system ?

It seems more clubs are at risk because of these rules that are meant to protect them.
I wonder how City would gave got on under good old PJ Swales with the present day rules

Think it's just a guess, the fact they are linking the 2 cases tells me they don't know what they're talking about.

"City’s APT case was recently heard, while their FFP hearing is expected to start later this year.
If they win the first case, it would make a large portion of their FFP charges redundant and would reduce the severity of their potential sanctions. But if it goes against them, their possible punishments include a huge fine, points deduction, transfer ban or expulsion from the Premier League."

Doesn’t sound accurate to me.

If we are successful on the APT issue it shouldn’t have any baring on the bigger case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.