City launch legal action against the Premier League

It depends on what you regard as successful. All data will highlight the real top of the tree, let’s say Haaland, but there is no way that Brighton can afford them so they are looking for players at a lower level but are better than other clubs think. They are then in Brighton/Brenford’s shop window for other richer clubs to buy.

It’s very difficult for Brighton and Brentford to win the PL as you still ultimately need lots of money to compete as we know! Even Villa spent a lot.

United are the opposite in the last 15 years. All the cash no idea. It wouldn’t astonish me if Brighton finished above United this year.

I think it’s possible for say Brighton to finish top four one day (though very difficult given monetary constraints) but their target at the moment is to finish top 10 every year. That is success for them right now.

A club the size of Brentford are doing astoundingly well just to stay in the PL more than a season and they’ve done it all by being different to the vast majority of yo-yo clubs, in fact all of them.
Prepare to get astonished
The Rags are shite

Many football fans get pissed off when lazy poxy narratives are used that fail to truely understand who or what their club is or are about. (Backed by petro states)

Every club has a right to challenge & on this forum you will hear how the red cartel have conspired to stop real challengers.

However I’d like to defend the comparison to Southampton from an opposing fan & how it’s coming as a concern. Here is the last league table prior to Pep arriving. The lazy poxy narrative is that he took over a winning team but I digress.

Clearly Southampton were doing things right they had been bringing so much talent through their academy but then they clearly had a great scouting department when you consider the spine Fonte, Van, Dyke, Wanyama, Mane all being sold for big prices & when the replacements aren’t as good or something happens in the background the decline can happen quick. It’s unfair but a word of caution is the platitudes from the media about doing it the ‘right way’ is their opinion of you not being a threat. City were everyone’s 2nd club & patted on the head whilst playing at the Goldstone & yo-yoing the leagues. There was no concern about sustainability when you didn’t have a ground.

Now back on track, this thread is about City taking the Prem league to court & the media have used Bloom to create a lazy poxy narrative. I don’t think he said a lot wrong but do you have any thoughts on why & if it’s a good thing.

View attachment 131416
Southampton did things right. Liebherr was a driving force until he died in 2010. Brighton (like City and others) have learnt from their model and have developed their academy models to accommodate the new global talent markets; Brighton being comparatively good at that.

Can’t speak for Tony Bloom and he rarely speaks himself but the sentiment appears to be the rules are a shitshow and need a reset.

The remark re:APTs is hardly controversial in that (1) it is not a good look for various members in a 20-organisation private members club to be lawyering up and (2) how can ‘financial’ and ‘fair play’ ever be any where near the same bed if transactions between related parties can be set at a multiple level beyond what is accepted commercial norms.

I remember a time when almost any team could win the title. I've no idea when that changed. I'd like to say when the premier league started but Liverpool dominated the eighties before that.
Many of us old school Blues don't particularly like the way modern football has gone but it's bloody good to be top dogs for once.
I doubt there's any going back now and a European/world super league is going to be inevitable one day.
Fondly remember Cloughie nocking the Dippers of their perch, and even today Hansen refuses to acknowledge they were any good.The entitlement was there even then.

Southampton did things right. Liebherr was a driving force until he died in 2010. Brighton (like City and others) have learnt from their model and have developed their academy models to accommodate the new global talent markets; Brighton being comparatively good at that.

Can’t speak for Tony Bloom and he rarely speaks himself but the sentiment appears to be the rules are a shitshow and need a reset.

The remark re:APTs is hardly controversial in that (1) it is not a good look for various members in a 20-organisation private members club to be lawyering up and (2) how can ‘financial’ and ‘fair play’ ever be any where near the same bed if transactions between related parties can be set at a multiple level beyond what is accepted commercial norms.

The shit show is because it’s not about fair or even profit or sustainability it’s about trying to stop certain badly run clubs from falling from the top at the expense of others. They think if these clubs fall the premier league is worth less, yet the champions league hasn’t missed the cartel clubs when they fail to qualify & the alternative is this shit show.

Personally I think there should be no prem league PSR / FFP as UEFA have 1 so clubs at the top benefitting have levels & those on catch up don’t but I think we can guess why that’s not proposed.

He doesn’t not want the rules challenged but the rules could be illegal. I do not think he even wants the rules to work properly if he did he would be ok with us challenging them to make sure they work and if they do not get them changed
Sorry, I'm just catching up on this thread and I've read your post 3 times and still can't work out what you're saying?

It's been and gone. The only remaining question is if / when the result gets announced.
They may be going through the second part of the hearing trying to work out how much, if anything, we get in compensation for lost revenue. That and working out how it helps the dippers for the echoes next headline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.