City launch legal action against the Premier League

It’s also completely disingenuous. None of them will stop following football. They’ll just grumble about the decision ad nauseum, and continue to use it as an excuse for their own teams’ failings.
Stop following football as in cancelling their sky subscription? I doubt many of them have ever paid for a match ticket and supporters of every club should celebrate their disappearance.

I still don't really understand how it can even work in the first place as a business model, without the much bigger clubs identifying and snatching up these hidden gem players before the likes of Brighton or Brentford even get chance.

I suppose it is, as you say, just down to luck.. I imagine all small clubs try to identify hidden gems but occasionally the stars align for certain clubs and they manage to have a run of unearthing an exceptional number of just such players.
I think the idea has come from baseball. There was a film about a team that bought players cheap using an analyst.
When players ticked all the boxes. They bought him and they succeeded.

I think this is how our database is made up.
With players added from all corners of the world.
In our case we are doing it with youth. In Brighton case. They are doing it with players that fell out of favour.
Probably because they didn’t fit in a style of play. When they go to Brighton. They have been chose because they fit their system and then they make money.

Sounds easy. But you need someone with the knowledge to set all this up.and that is where most clubs fall down.

What's the latest on this one, I thought they said it was completed?

Hearing was completed in June, waiting for news about the verdict.

No news so far means either the arbitrators haven't reached a verdict yet, a verdict has been reached but the PL hasn't communicated it yet or the verdict has been communicated but no-one has leaked it. In order of diminishing likelihood, imo.

Hearing was completed in June, waiting for news about the verdict.

No news so far means either the arbitrators haven't reached a verdict yet, a verdict has been reached but the PL hasn't communicated it yet or the verdict has been communicated but no-one has leaked it. In order of diminishing likelihood, imo.
From what I've heard, the results of this one won't be made public, and the only way to tell if City are successful is if they immediately change the rules back to what it was before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.