City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

That's the vote from February that was being queried

It’s not, that’s about the spending cap. The regulation were challenging is the APT rules. The one you’ve linked there only had four clubs vote against it, the APT rules had six against and two abstentions.

As i said yesterday, this is not about money or anything else its about having what they perceive as the 'right' teams winning it and they arent even trying to hide that anymore, where was the outrage when the dippers stripped southampton bare, the rags want to sign evertons best player in a cut price deal this year no problem, arsenal took brentfords keeper on loan fantastic, all this is okay because according to the press these are the 'right' teams.
No it's racism pure and simple. If Newcastle were winning things it would be just the same for them.

It’s not, that’s about the spending cap. The regulation were challenging is the APT rules. The one you’ve linked there only had four clubs vote against it, the APT rules had six against and two abstentions.

That’s 12 out of 20 clubs voting for something, hardly a unanimous majority and with the block of American owned clubs in the Premier league it’s pretty easy to horse and cart legislation through that suits the rags and dippers with their hangers on in tie.

Posted this in the media thread but it’s probably more relevant here (sorry for spamming blues)

I’ve said this many times elsewhere and others make the same point - but come on City - fucking do something. How can we be the world’s best club - a superb organisation, wonderful team, the best management, the very best ownership - and be seemingly utterly clueless when in comes protecting our public image and managing relationships with an unremittingly hostile media. It’s really shouldn’t be that difficult.
The first thing I’d do today would be an untraceable leak of our full claim document - this would doubtless expose Lawton’s cherrypicking and spin - at least it would muddy the waters. I’m sure someone could find a full copy amongst some refuse in a back street in Abu Dhabi - “God knows how it got there” :)
But what do I know ….just an FOC fed up of us getting trashed and wanting to fight back.
Well, I can only thank the lord that you're not our owner. We're managed by grownups, not children.

No, they check every deal to see if it’s “associated” and if it is, then they look to fair market.

I think City’s main challenge is using “associated” rather than the generally accepted accounting rules used in the U.K. and Europe which are “related”.
1000000381.png
1000000383.png

They look at all threshold transactions to determine if any are i) "associated or ii) not at fmv. If any are "associated" they have more rules to follow, if they are not fmv, they follow the fmv review rules.

But yes, City are probably just claiming the associated party transaction rules are onerous, discriminatory and unnecessary. I seem to remember a quote from an unnamed City source (in the Athletic, was it?) saying that is the only claim.

That’s 12 out of 20 clubs voting for something, hardly a unanimous majority and with the block of American owned clubs in the Premier league it’s pretty easy to horse and cart legislation through that suits the rags and dippers with their hangers on in tie.
Which (if true) is part of the claim with the argument that two thirds is far too low a threshold for forcing major changes through. I would guess we want a much higher percentage due to the number of yank owned clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.