City launch legal action against the Premier League

Yes it does, in the UEFA case that was part of the problem, they could not determine who owned what. but in the amended February rule, the related part is irrelevant. for example City have a shirt sleeve sponsor that is 5X large than Arsenal`s, neither is a related party, the PL regulator is a company used by liverpool, which could be classed as a liverpool employee , Under the February change the regulator decides what is the value of all sponsors, what is more they can chose which clubs to investigate, and which they do not want to, so even if one club was at fault, they could chose to ignore even with evidence.
Your confusing me why are we examining a tweet that seems recent and not from an important source as if it’s to do with some brand new change in rules when it t either relates to related parties or associated parties which already exists. As far as I can tell your above paragraph is not correct related party and associated party transactions are examined and can be adjusted that’s not all transactions

I am not sure that is a reason the club will win, and I will just add that all the "royal" families inter-marry, so it will be nearly impossible to find a company in AD that isn't associated to Mansour, if not directly then by marriage.

It is no coincidence the PL rules include this:

View attachment 126737

It is absolutely clear where these rules are targeted, and just to make sure:

View attachment 126739

It really couldn't be targeted any more blatantly, so I am pretty sure there is a good case that the definition is discriminatory (and has been drawn up for the benefit of certain other clubs) and the rules themselves are unnecessary and onerous, but whether that makes the whole thing illegal under competition law, I wouldn't like to say.

It should be, imho, but is it?

Will every billionaire owner have to declare their personal investments. You can’t tell me these hedge funds don’t have influences. You’ve only got to see how US billionaires were influencing universities over student protests.

Why would other PL clubs need to see competing lower bids for a private business? It is not supposed to be a competitive tendering process like a local authority contract where public money is involved. This is total madness and will not stand up to any scrutiny. It must be a breach of competition law. Imagine a small group of carpet dealers joining together to stop a rival carpet warehouse getting external investment. It is not their business to scrutinse the accounts of their commercial rival. Does Harry Styles have to explain why he has invested in the new Co-op Live arena which is 50 per cent owned by CFG?

That is probably the exact metaphor our lawyers would have used in their submission!

But all jokig aside, yeah that's the point isn't it.

Your confusing me why are we examining a tweet that seems recent and not from an important source as if it’s to do with some brand new change in rules when it t either relates to related parties or associated parties which already exists. As far as I can tell your above paragraph is not correct related party and associated party transactions are examined and can be adjusted that’s not all transactions
Sorry if i can not help you, my post is correct, the vote in 2023 tightened related parties, the vote in February included all sponsors, which is why City took the unbelievable step to sue the PL

When do we think the shithouses in the press will restart their hate campaign against us?

Is been quite liberating and quite soothing not seeing articles about us with the "ah yes but...." tagged onto the end of a story.

I reckon the week we play the red mardarses is when operation anti city cranks into life.

It's been too long, these cryarses in the media will be bursting at the seems if they don't get their city bile out their system.

When do we think the shithouses in the press will restart their hate campaign against us?

Is been quite liberating and quite soothing not seeing articles about us with the "ah yes but...." tagged onto the end of a story.

I reckon the week we play the red mardarses is when operation anti city cranks into life.

It's been too long, these cryarses in the media will be bursting at the seems if they don't get their city bile out their system.
Probably around March sometime when we start clicking into gear. And they think “ah ffs not again “

Soon mate I reckon

If we have a few iffy results at the start of the season no doubt the British media will start linking it with this or 115 as quickly as possible, with Pep’s future thrown in for good measure

Sorry if i can not help you, my post is correct, the vote in 2023 tightened related parties, the vote in February included all sponsors, which is why City took the unbelievable step to sue the PL
It’s not all tho surely it’s still related parties and associated parties. And why was the tweet poster as if it was new news. City are suing over associated parties not all sponsorships

It’s not all tho surely it’s still related parties and associated parties. And why was the tweet poster as if it was new news. City are suing over associated parties not all sponsorships
Think the new news was just a spin off from the latest FA fans meeting. but it is all sponsors that have to prove true value, that was the Feb change, the 2023 change is down to Newcastle to challenge as it effects them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.