City launch MLS Franchise

Funny thing is my best friend, who unfortunately is a Rag but loves Yankees, says he will support NYCFC because it's in New York. He hates Red Bulls and is not so keen on City of course. Go figure!

Here you go chaps. This snippet might shed some light on why City are the majority stakeholder in New York City, alongside the New York Yankees.

World's 3rd biggest sporting franchise.

#3 New York Yankees
Value: $1.85 billion
Owner: Steinbrenner family

The Yankees are just part of a money making machine that also includes the YES Network and Legends Hospitality. YES, the team's 34%-owned regional sports channel, is the most profitable RSN in the country with operating income of more than $200 million. Legends, the stadium management and concessions company owned by the Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and Goldman Sachs, signed a deal last year to sell season tickets at the San Francisco's 49ers new stadium. The enterprise value for the Yankees, YES and Legends is estimated to be $5.5 billion.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
umy4azej.jpg

I'm a sucker for this, I love City, and NY, and Yankees, god i'm such a slut..

I lost the original post to quote, but wanted to clarify something.

MLS owns the players, but DOES NOT negotiate individual contracts. That's up to the individual clubs (a big part of success in MLS is not overpaying players. A bad contract can screw a club for years). The club I cover, Toronto FC, is notorious for making terrible signings.

Again, the cap is $2.95 million USD. You must pay 24 players with that (although there are a bunch of exceptions and loopholes that exist and are about as clear as mud for even those that follow the league day in and day out)

Here is the full list of player salaries, for those interested: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/May%201,%202013%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/May%201 ... 20Club.pdf</a>

An incredible move by the club and one that will propel our "brand" into a different league in North America.

Rags trying to take the piss is hilarious and if they only knew what the very near future holds they would be pissing in their pants right now.

The future is most definitely blue chaps :-)

Manchester_lalala said:
This is mental. First thing that came to mind when I saw this is global domination. I don't think this will be the last new club we will be setting up too. With the Aussie league looking to grow and the potential in Asia, in 10 years time I predict we will be the most popular sporting franchise ever to exist. Mansour promised us he will turn us into the biggest football club in the world, this is just another step towards this happening. The new academy, the new training pitches, the new look team, the new franchise. Sounds weird but today has only just made me realise how big we are going to be. While clubs will be struggling with money issues, we will have it coming out our ass'.
I reckon this is what the future holds.

I cannot believe our club has made one of the biggest moves in world football.
A move that could result in more success, better football and more bragging rights for our long long suffering fans and yet..........and yet.........and yet some idiots are whinging about it.
I get it, you're a long time fan and you feel you shouldn't have to pay more to support, no problem.
But Goddammit could you just hold it in for a few hours and try to be happy for our club on the rise, the club you claim to love and support.
Is it not conceivable that building a larger fan base could end up keeping the cost of tickets down in the long run?
Does Manchester city always have to be losers or remain stagnant for you to feel happy, to enjoy being a fan?
We are always crying out for the club to change its mentality, to get rid of typical city but we forget that we fans are part of City and so many are unwilling to change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.