City losing three-goal lead

Pretty surreal day.
First people knew of the Palace equaliser, where I was, was when fans started running back into the ground cheering, through the kippax tunnels,and then the scoreboard flickered into life. Such contrasting emotions in one game of football.
Yes when leaving the Kippax the PA said Leicester 1 Palace 2.
As we exited the ground a bloke with a tranny (an electrical type) turned and told us Leicester had equalised.
Walking to the back of the North Stand I shouted "Going up" or something similar and someone shouted "fuck off" and threw a 10p coin which hit me on the chest!

I remember the game Vs Forest. I couldn't believe that City threw away a 3 goal lead.
I seem to remember Terry Hennessy playing really well for Forest.
My main memory of that game is that the Forest manager must have given Ian Storey-Moore a kicking at HT because he suddenly came to life and started to give us the run-around.

It wasn't a three goal lead but a small part of me likes to imagine that GMP knocked on the dressing room door when we were 2-0 up against United and told the team to throw it in the name of public safety
That's been my theory for a while. We were going to win the PL whatever happened and the plod didn't want one of our clowns hitting a rag.

One of the best examples is the 1945-46 FA Cup 4th round against Bradford Park Avenue. This was the first competitive season after WW2 although the League didn't start until the following season. In order to pad the comeptition out each round was played over two legs.

First leg away City won 3-1 and had one foot in the 5th round.

Second leg at home City lost 2-8, losing 5-9 on aggregate and spectacularly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

My main memory of that game is that the Forest manager must have given Ian Storey-Moore a kicking at HT because he suddenly came to life and started to give us the run-around.
Ian Storey - Moore,now there's a name I had long forgotten. Without checking via google, I seem to remember him playing for Arsenal and maybe United as well?

In the North Stand for THAT Bournemouth game, Kippax awesome and looking forward to the party afterwards. 3-0 up and coasting, what could possibly go wrong......
I ended up forging a Bradford membership and in their end. Trick Trev to the rescue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.