City losing three-goal lead

Completely agree. Left a sour taste in my mouth, that game. Probably the main reason that season isn’t close to my favourite.

Imagine winning the title against those cunts. In April. That’s the stuff of dreams.
Yeah, big opportunity thrown away.

The other thing about the United 2-3 was that I’ve been there for pretty much every big moment in the last 40 years. That would have topped the lot, and I was there; but instead, I found out we’d won the league about a week later, on a Sunday, on a road in Alabama ffs!

Got the Spurs result when we landed in Atlanta. Forgot United were playing until I got a text off a rag, fair play to him.

Not quite a ‘Gillingham’ moment.

Looking at the dates my dad could only go by the games for City up to 1939 when he marched with the Manchester Regiment from Ardwick Green to the old London Road station and that was him gone for over 6 years. So PD must have made some impression. 6 of us had season tickets last year so l am glad he did.
Hope you do not mind me asking - did your Dad serve in Burma with the Manchester Regiment

That spurs-wham 3-3 comeback makes you realise how good our 4-3 was under KK.

we won the second half 4-0 with 10 men

one of the most typical city games ever

We have had a gloat over Spurs shipping three late goals, and some here have recalled the game v Bournemouth in 1989 - 3-0 up at half-time and drew 3-3.

There have been others, though - v Forest in 1968-69, our Cup-winning season = 3-0 after 45 mins, 3-3 after 90. Also (for older members) Cup replay v Newcastle at Maine Rd in Jan 57 - 3-0 up, then ending 4-5 after extra time.

But the worst was in October 1950 (promotion from old Div 2 season) - 3-0 up at Doncaster by half-time, then Doncaster scored 4 in seven minutes past Bert. Annoyingly, the last two were scored by our own ex-plater, the great Peter Doherty. And the crowd was 32,000.

Typical City
If it hadn't been for that draw, we wouldn't have had the Morley equaliser at Bradford that put us back in the First Division with 5 minutes of the season left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.