City Lyrics to Christmas Carols/Songs

One from back in the day……..

Jingle Bells, Coppell smells, Jordan is a *****

Don’t go near the Stretford End cause they’ve all got diarrhoea

I’ve always thought that was blue Christmas not blue Wembley, but then my hearing isn’t that good.
A few of us from our supporters branch started singing
"I'm dreaming of a Blue Wembley, just like the ones I used to know..."
at Coventry away January 1981 the week after we beat (Big Mal's) Palace 4-0 in the 3rd road.
We only had those two lines and kept chanting it.... it got picked up by others and by the time the next away game came around it had evolved into the song as we know it.

Every time I hear 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland' I can't help singing "Walking in a Wiekins Wonderland'. Other than 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' I can't think of any others where we have changed the lyrics.

Are there others I'm missing? And if not, isn't it about time we had a few others?

Surely there's a Haaland reference in 'Mistletoe and Wine' you creative types can wedge in there?
All I can remember is walking in a Kinky Wonderland.

With Winter Wonderland I keep hearing the line "We're 19 in front you Portuguese ****".
And another version of Let it snow:
Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the football Ciy play is delightful, so because they're much better than us, we'll park the bus, park the bus, park the bus.
Worked well at the swamp in 2-1 win about 4 seasons back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.