City Matters Elections

Another plug for the ongoing recruitment to City Matters.

As I said earlier, I think it is important that we retain strong advocates for supporters and I would encourage anyone interested to apply. Also happy to answer any questions.

Applications shut on the 4th August.
voted in all three

Why has Citizens Matchday Member only got 2 candidates, whilst Disabled and Hospitality have 3 candidates each? Surely Match Day Citizens would have had many more fans applying to be a Rep than Disabled and Hospitality. Why has the club only picked 2 Citizen Matchday candidates and not 3? Alex.
Hi pal.

Following my paper around reforms to City Matters, the Club agreed that I would be able to sit on the shortlisting panel for the recruitment. I still believe that recruitment should be wholly independent of the Club, but it was a step in the right direction.

Candidates were scored according to the competencies outlined in the City Matters Terms of Reference. As a panel, we were open to having more than two candidates for the Matchday Member voting, but it is fair to say that we had two very strong candidates,

City Matters is a PR charade by the club to meet rules about fan engagement. Did they "consult" you about the disabled car parking?

As hard as the reps work, it is not a serious influence on the club. I'd prefer if nobody stood out of principle
Totally agree. Voting on candidates pre-selected by the club is undemocratic and a sham. No doubt reps have good intentions, but if no one stood it would send the right message. The club does what it wants and is just going through the motions with this charade.

City Matters is a PR charade by the club to meet rules about fan engagement. Did they "consult" you about the disabled car parking?

As hard as the reps work, it is not a serious influence on the club. I'd prefer if nobody stood out of principle
Hear hear. Apart from (Alex I think it was?) not a fucking word from the club about how we were treated after the CL final in Istanbul

Last edited:
Hear hear. Apart from (Alex I think it was?) not a fucking word from the club about how we were created after the CL final in Istanbul
The Istambul debacle seems to have been wiped from history.
Their attitude seems to be along the lines of 'we won what have they got to moan about.'
They obviously never travelled on the buses to and from the stadium.
Istambul is a fantastic City and we got a fantastic result in winning the Champions league, but that bus trip experience is still etched on my memory to the extent it's the first thing I think about when istambul is mentioned.
That shouldn't be the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.