City Myths

Excellent post sir.
Rags were also given a free stadium by their first Sugar Daddy John Henry Davies in 1910.
Their second Sugar Daddy James William Gibson saved them from bankruptcy in the 1930's and his son remained on the board until the 1990's.
i knew they were given a free stadium but didn't know by who so couldn't add that. thanks for the info.

i knew they were given a free stadium but didn't know by who so couldn't add that. thanks for the info.
No worries mate, I love quoting facts to clueless plastic Rags and Dippers.
The only thing organic about the two red arsecheeks is the shite spouted by their braindead lemmings.

It doesn’t matter what they say. They use the money thing, history thing etc etc to try and make out we should be ashamed. But it’s all coming from a place of jealousy. We are absolutely blessed! We’re different from any other top club in England or Europe. A good portion of our current fan base will remember a time, when City were relegated. If you’re in your late 20’s-early 30’s or older, you would’ve seen City play at the very lowest in the clubs history and at the very highest in the clubs history. Who else can say they’ve had that rollercoaster? No one club in world football can. A lot of us have seen us relegated, seen us play the likes of Macclesfield Town, York, Stockport County, and also seen us win countless leagues, and beat top clubs in Europe.

Most will remember the ups and downs, the relagation to division 2. Then the pitch invasion against Wigan, when we got into the division 2 playoff finals, then that magical final against Gillingham. The pitch invasion a year later away at Blackburn, to get promoted back to the Premiere league. Then a year later, a pitch invasion again against Chelsea, but this time, it was for a relegation.

Those people will also remember 11 years to the day, pitching invading against QPR to win the Premiere league in the last minute of extra time. No other club has stories this extreme. No other top team has had the pure distress and the pure elation that we’ve endured. Our story as fans with this incredible club, are far more interesting than any other club in the world. I wouldn’t swap that, for the status of being a traditional big club. Our story is from the bottom of the barrel to the top. Our story is far better. You couldn’t make it up.

Last edited:
Not sure this is quite a myth.
But one of the new jibes rival fans have left to aim at us, when we win a big game or get close to winning a trophy is this sarcastic point “what an underdog story”

Since when did underdogs win at top level football anymore?
We’ve just annihilated Real Madrid, the worlds biggest club, the Galacticos who own this tournament. Hardly built on a shoestring

Was this shite spouted at them last year

Seriously like, the haters r running out of shite to come out with. Their silliness needs pulled up even more now

Before a game against city : start making a combined eleven with less city players, most of city players are average, have no hype etc
GUARDIOLA is overrated
City has no history

After the game : City are cheats, they play with two teams, moneybags city, we don't care about their win

If City lose a game : Overrated, all the money and they lost

Not sure this is quite a myth.
But one of the new jibes rival fans have left to aim at us, when we win a big game or get close to winning a trophy is this sarcastic point “what an underdog story”

Since when did underdogs win at top level football anymore?
We’ve just annihilated Real Madrid, the worlds biggest club, the Galacticos who own this tournament. Hardly built on a shoestring

Was this shite spouted at them last year

Seriously like, the haters r running out of shite to come out with. Their silliness needs pulled up even more now
Money beats tradition blah blah blah blah Tradition that dropped 103m on Eden Hazard

I moved from swinton aged 14 to somerset

Love it when southern rags try the glory hunting card
I moved from Clifton to Auckland, there's a South African rag lives opposite who's tried to give it the biggun and glory hunting stuff. He's living in a completely different reality

For me the two biggest are:

City only win because they outspend everybody. As if RM, MU, Liverpool, PSG and the rest of the "important" clubs don't do the same thing.
It's not the same if City win because they don't develop their own talent.

After today's showing I'm back to being really pissed off about this bullshit. As if every other team is created solely by virtuous dealings and are full of players who grew up in the shadow of their stadiums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.