City Myths

I missed quite a few out trying to keep it a list and avoid it being a rant. But as it was well received here's a few more. Starting with some Liverpool stuff that didn't make the none rant cut include...

• 1st english team of bought in mercenaries (Scots)

• Would have failed again in 2015 until they magicked out of the air alleged 'stadium development expenses' of £35 million from years before for the non-existent Stanley Park Project that enabled them to offset against FFP losses.
  • Their shirt sponsors are convicted money launderers, aiding criminal organisations and terrorists
    • https://www.forbes.com/sites/france...long-history-of-financial-crime/#357f82863909
      • 1) The Houthi rebels are responsible for many atrocities in Yemen including blockading food aid at the port of Hodeidah for starving Yemeni civilians.
        2) The Houthi rebels are financed and armed by the Iranian government.
        3) Standard Chartered have been find a cumulative total of $1.5 billion for repeatedly money laundering for various dodgy organisations but principally for the rogue Iranian government.
        4) Liverpool FC's main sponsors are Standard Chartered. The sponsorship started in 2010 and will run until at least 2023 which makes it LFC's second longest ever sponsorship.
        5) Liverpool FC, by 2023, will have received £280 million in blood money from Standard Chartered.
  • Ditto their sleeve sponsors.
  • Their owners have been caught cheating at baseball in the US.
  • Liverpool owners forcing local residents out https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

• deliberately ignored anything to do with violence or injury as i prefer to draw the line there
also skipped some of the more well known stuff about us

• First club to win an English domestic treble: 2018/19 (plus 2018 FA Community/Charity Shield)
  • In the 1937-38 season we became the only reigning champions to be relegated. In doing so we scored 80 goals and conceded 77. Incredibly those 80 goals made us the top scorers in the division and our plus 3 goals difference means we are the only team to be relegated with a positive goal difference.

• City were fined for not co-operating with the UEFA investigation. Lifelong Liverpool fan Rick Parry, who was part of the Investigatory Chamber at UEFA, leaked details of the case to the press before it even concluded. No wonder City went to the independent CAS. CAS called the UEFA leaks in November 2019 “worrisome”. CAS found City not guilty of breaching the financial aspect of FFP stating that they didn’t use disguised owner funding to cover sponsorship deals.

• City being cleared by CAIS shows that City didn’t break any FFP rules and that FFP is working

• City were fined €10m for breaching Article 56 which concerns co-operation and has nothing to do with financial misdemeanours.

• before the Kippax had a roof there was a flag pole with flag at the halfway line that just had CITY written on it. The flag had been with City from the 1920s possibly earlier. City FC written on it loud and proud.

We should have a pinned list of stuff like this that all new forum members should be forced to read. City fans or not. With a section on various clubs.

in case you're wondering i have strong dislike for liverpool ( but not for everton )
A brilliant summary of their "istree". Have you put it on RAWK yet - the truth about their past will certainly boil
gallons of piss, but, then again, IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!!

Last edited:
My mate decided to bring his quite shy & very posh girlfriend to her first ever football game that day, 4 of us squashed onto the kippax, after the first goal it was absolute mayhem, limbs everywhere, I didnt manage to find them again untill after the 5th goal went in but I think she quite enjoyed it & we all went on the pitch at the end!
If anything had gone wrong in the crowd that day Swales would have been in deep shit, I dont know how many were in the ground but it was a lot more than 47,000.
Apologies if already posted i this thread, is that Jimmy Frizzle having a crafty burn next to Billy McNeill in the dugout. Great introduction by Jimmy Hill, and the classy Barry Davies on commentary. The Kippax does look tight.

Apologies if already posted i this thread, is that Jimmy Frizzle having a crafty burn next to Billy McNeill in the dugout. Great introduction by Jimmy Hill, and the classy Barry Davies on commentary. The Kippax does look tight.

God, I feel old watching that. I was (naturally) in the Kippax and was stood above the tunnel, our usual spot to watch the match. For me, It's almost half a lifetime ago. Phillips was a latter day version of KDB with that thunderbastard of a shot.
Where's the time gone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.