City not ready for success - Zlatan

trumpton said:
The Fixer said:
"City must fight Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal - sides which took years to build," said Ibrahimovic.

"City are still a side for the future. I chose Milan because they are a team that can win prizes now.

"City can wait for the future but I can't."

Typical footballers attitude.

Doesn't say much for his ability - implying City can't win anything now suggests if he had signed for City he was not going to bring much to the table. Want's to walk into a team that are top of their league and in the latter stages of the CL. Why not get off your overpaid backside and try and push a team to the highest level.

I've always had a problem with this. It's always seemed to me it would be more gratifying to build history than to inherit it. He's not wrong about where City is at, I just can't fathom wanting pre-made trophies. Lord knows Bell and Lee and Summerbee will be remembered far longer here than Zlatan in Milan, even if he wins the Champion's League (which he won't).

In a sense I agree, but he's deluded if he thinks he'll win this years CL at AC. And they have about as much chance of winning the Scudetto as Arsenal do of winning the title in England - i.e. not bad but certainly not in a position where you'd actively back them to take it off the holders.

He's not really said anything bad...think people are getting a bit defensive these days. Understandable when the club is being attacked from all directions, but this really wasn't one.

With the firepower Milan have they're in with a great chance of winning the Scudetto this season. Zlatan is so effective in Serie A, was a big part of why Mancio's Inter won the league. Pato missed a lot of last year, with him, Robinho and Ronaldinho they have a fantastic attack. Desperately in need of fullbacks though.

Rafa's Inter have been far from impressive so far, but with the calibre of players there they'll still put up a fight. Borriello and Adriano could be a cracking partnership as well for Roma.

Number10 said:
Too bad Mancini couldn't convince Ibra of the project. For him to consider joining City, Mancini and the team needed to do their part of the job, and that was getting 4th place in the league.

Let's hope that Mancini can build on the players that have chosen to join the sky blues, achieve great things. The Torres', Drogba's and Ibra's of the future will be beating down the door to join Man City.

Bigga said:
Don't understand what's 'fair comment' from this Clown. Second most expensive player and a one season wonder at Barca, winning a medal he would have won sat on the bench 100% of the time!

Didn't choose us, cos the Prem's fooking hard and he wants it easier in a three horse league.

Do one with your opinions, fella.

Ibra played one season at Barca, and if you call him a "one season wonder at Barca", then surely he must be a wonder - period? ;)

Here are the results of the rest of his "one-season wonders", including winning the league with every team he has played for the last 8 years:

==============================
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Awards and honours

Ajax
Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
KNVB Cup: 2001–02
Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Internazionale
Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona
La Liga: 2009–10
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

Individual
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009
Guldbollen: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010
Jerringpriset: 2007
=============================================

Not bad for a clown/donkey/lazy bastard.

2 league titles with juventus too

Milan are going to win fuck all even with ibrahimovic and robinho . Put our side out against theirs and we would win . They are big names but they will have little impact as they play when they want to play and that isn't how football works . Milan will be near nothing this year , thats fact . City however , well lets wait and see

He has a point and we hadn't even played sunderland then.

We won't win the league until we have a positive winning mentality and it's not quite there yet.

Any decent team can win a cup as Pompey showed

Number10 said:
Too bad Mancini couldn't convince Ibra of the project. For him to consider joining City, Mancini and the team needed to do their part of the job, and that was getting 4th place in the league.

Let's hope that Mancini can build on the players that have chosen to join the sky blues, achieve great things. The Torres', Drogba's and Ibra's of the future will be beating down the door to join Man City.

Bigga said:
Don't understand what's 'fair comment' from this Clown. Second most expensive player and a one season wonder at Barca, winning a medal he would have won sat on the bench 100% of the time!

Didn't choose us, cos the Prem's fooking hard and he wants it easier in a three horse league.

Do one with your opinions, fella.

Ibra played one season at Barca, and if you call him a "one season wonder at Barca", then surely he must be a wonder - period? ;)

Here are the results of the rest of his "one-season wonders", including winning the league with every team he has played for the last 8 years:

==============================
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Awards and honours

Ajax
Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
KNVB Cup: 2001–02
Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Internazionale
Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona
La Liga: 2009–10
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

Individual
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009
Guldbollen: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010
Jerringpriset: 2007
=============================================

Not bad for a clown/donkey/lazy bastard.

We all know the Dutch league ain't the best, nor Serie 'A' in the last few years (take into account how many times the Italians have reached finals of Waffa). So those mean sh*t to me.

Like I said, he was coming off the bench at Barca, a lot. Fair enough he score some goals, but like I said, he wasn't an integral part of the team, so he would have won medals playing less and scoring less.

SWP won medals not playing much.

He's as world class as Ibra then.

blue_soundwave said:
With the firepower Milan have they're in with a great chance of winning the Scudetto this season. Zlatan is so effective in Serie A, was a big part of why Mancio's Inter won the league. Pato missed a lot of last year, with him, Robinho and Ronaldinho they have a fantastic attack. Desperately in need of fullbacks though.

Agree, think Pato is class already, Ronaldinho still has lots to offer and threatens to have a return to something like his best, Robinho is world class even if he is a tit, Ibrahimovic is one of the best forwards in the world. They also have the experience in defence and midfield to compete this season.

In a way I can see why AC seems the perfect club for Ibra, not just because they are in the CL and he has thrived in serie a before and knows the city but also because they have that knack of keeping players playing well into their thirties (see Inzaghi!) and could massively extend Ibra's career.

It's a double edged sword that though because before this summer Pato was the only milan player under 30 worth getting excited about and with so many important players on their last legs how long will it be before Ibra wishes he'd taken a more long term view of his career (he is only 28 ffs). I guess in Ibrahimovic's situation it boils down to - who's going to win more over the next 5 years, AC Milan or Man City. City hands down IMO.

Whether we like it or not, we are still one step below the CL teams until we win something or regularly qualify in the top 4.
People on here get far too defensive about what people unconnected with our club think without ever introducing a dose of realism into it. There's enough over-dramatic idiots out there (especially in our press corps) to direct your indignance towards.
In a couple of years we should be a top European side paying some of the best wages as well, but we certainly aren't yet, although one out of two isn't bad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.