City Of Manchester Stadium Or Eastlands: You decide!

jrb

Depending on which media outlet your watching, listening too or reading, it's either one or the other. It's never the same. (arrgh!)

TBH it get's on my nerves. It seems we're the only football club that has 'two names' for it's stadium across the media.(TV, Radio, Newspapers, etc)

I don't ever recall old Trafford, Anfield or any other football ground being called by any other name than it's original name in the media.(feel free)

This being the case, it's about time the club issued a polite directive to all media outlets to call our stadium the 'City Of Manchester Stadium' and not (fucking) Eastlands.(take note Sky!)

Can a MOD please start a poll off. (not got permission)

Choices.

1. City Of Manchester Stadium
2. Eastlands.

will always be The Blue Camp to me. .... though if they did change it, my uncle would be miffed after he named his daughter Easlan after Eastlands lol

jrb said:
I don't ever recall old Trafford, Anfield or any other football ground being called by another name than it's original name in the media.(feel free)

Boleyn Ground/Upton Park?

Anyway, Eastlands for me.

Highbury was known as 'the arsenal stadium', maine road was 'manchester city stadium' etc when they started out. It happens with all new stadiums. In about 20 years, it will be known by one name.

We just have to wait for the name to develop....

Eastlands. Always have, always will be in the press and to people i know.

We should have called it citadel

cit·a·del [sit-uh-dl, -uh-del]
-noun
1. a fortress that commands a city and is used in the control of the inhabitants and in defense during attack or siege.
2. any strongly fortified place; stronghold.
3. (formerly) a heavily armored structure on a warship, for protecting the engines, magazines, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.