City on a tv show?

Might be miles out here due to crap memory but was it 'The Firm' movie, late eighties where they went to a match and it was Palace V City, or something like that.
Im just watching this film and noticed they're playing City. Trying to think if i was at the game.

was watching Happy Valley 2nd series and the main characters grandson says he wants to play for Man City when he grows up and has City merchandise wallpaper, football , scarfs

In Yesterday's Hero, a shit film about an alcoholic footballer played by the rag Ian McShane (loosely modelled on a liver thief), some of the match scenes were filmed at HT in the Ipswich v City match from 78/79 season and about 40 mins in you can see the City scarves in the away section.
It was the match where Barry Silkman scored a screamer on his debut, we lost 2-1. Me and a fair few of the FOCs off here would have been in that section.

Ted Lasso. Great series and I love the fact that the best team in the country are depicted as city now and not United/Liverpool (end of series 1) How times have changed :)))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.