City or Aston Villa vs Reading - FA Cup 6th Round

Re: Reading it is...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
well that puts the cat amongst the pigeons.

no offence to either them or villa but with two home ties we should really be going to Wembley.
Aston Villa and Reading at home. What an incentive to get to Wembley.

And the only two top teams left of the 8 or so remaining is Le Arse and the rags.

Villa only have the FA Cup to play for so they will definitely make a fight of it, but if even a 90% fit David Silva plays, we should have enough fire power to get through, possibly after a replay and extra time.

If we go out to either I will lose all my faith in Mancini.

I know it's harsh but hes being paid millions as well as having a very good squad. Home times against Villa and Reading shouldn't be out of our reach.

Even if we don't get past the semi's a day out at Wembley would be amazing.

lionheart said:
Villa only have the FA Cup to play for so they will definitely make a fight of it, but if even a 90% fit David Silva plays, we should have enough fire power to get through, possibly after a replay and extra time.

You're right mate. Without Silva we're fucked.

Not at all surprised Reading won tbh. Everton are a poor side who somehow always turn it in against the big boys and look hopeless the rest of the time.

lionheart said:
me ol ticker...arghhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I was happy when I heard the Reading score, but then the reality sunk home. Despite our normal decent home record against Villa, it wouldn't be City if we didn't somehow make a hash of it, and Reading will be full of confidence after last night. Remember five years ago v West Ham. I thought it was our season then. Wembley still seems as far away as it did in January. Still I hope I'll be eating my words come 10 o'clock tonight.

I don't think anyone should get carried away until after tonight. It's good to think positive, and it's better than all the nay sayers who have been populating the board over the last week or so, but let's pay Villa a bit of respect - they'll be up for this, and even more so after the Reading win and Birmingham winning a trophy!

Any way of working out who we would get if we got to the semis? Or is it drawn again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.