City Ownership

Bluemoon115 said:
jrb said:
I'VE NEVER SAID OR INTIMATED THIS BEFORE, BUT RIC OR ONE OF THE MODS SHOULD PULL THIS THREAD.

YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE, SO WHAT'S STOPPING YOU NOW? HITS?

(there's no need to shout)
Maybe because it doesn't break the CoC in any way, shape or form.

Maybe because it's a 'good day to bury bad news'?

You do know what I'm getting at don't you?

First trophy in 35 years.
FA Cup
3rd place in the PL
Bobby tears the banner down
The day after the parade and party at COMS
And we end up with a negative thread about our possible owners
Great! Only on BM.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
should we talk about Abramovich? or the other owners who have shady financial or political pasts that have caused woe to many people?

or are we just going to sit here and slate our club and air unfounded dirty laundry because funnily enough Mancini said thank you to Sheikh Mansour's brother who I suppose it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume may have had some discussions with the Sheikh or even met Mancini as you know, you tend to talk to your brother about stuff if you're on good terms, and when you're politically involved as well, oh well then that makes all the difference.

If you don't like what Abu Dhabi or the UAE do from a human rights PoV then that includes Sheikh Mansour from the outset, as he is heavily involved and hasn't exactly distanced himself from it. In that case, then just leave, because your idealistic views are not going to make any sort of difference or impact.

I can imagine them having dinner together:

Mohammed: "so...Mansour, how's your football club doing? what plans have you got?"

Mansour: "shhhhh!...I can't talk to you because I can't upset Damocles, he musn't know that I know or associate myself with you brother because you're a bad man".

Guess what Damocles, our owner's family ain't a shining beacon of light, there are some bad things as there are in every government and every society, and none of us can change that ultimately. If you have such a moral conflict in your conscience then just remove yourself from mod duties, the board and stop supporting the club, because make a song and dance on a football forum just does more harm than good for everybody, the owners will stay regardless, all you've managed to do is annoy people and maybe attract some negative press articles in the future, all over a name being mentioned without any proof that he has any financial involvement in the club.

I no doubt expect that you will dissect me to suit your agenda on this issue, and put this down as another terrible post by me, but I'm not particularly bothered by that, it's the way you work round here unfortunately.

This is exactly what i was thinking in every single sentance ^^^

Including disecting the post

jrb said:
Bluemoon115 said:
jrb said:
I'VE NEVER SAID OR INTIMATED THIS BEFORE, BUT RIC OR ONE OF THE MODS SHOULD PULL THIS THREAD.

YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE, SO WHAT'S STOPPING YOU NOW? HITS?

(there's no need to shout)

Maybe be because it's a 'good day to bury bad news'.

FA Cup
3rd place in the PL
Great! Only on BM.
Spot on fella! Only a complete dick would start a thread like this!!!

PULL IT!

bluemoon1078 said:
jrb said:
Bluemoon115 said:

FA Cup
3rd place in the PL
Great! Only on BM.

PULL IT!
See now that's a post that probably breaks the CoC.

Skashion said:
Oh dear, we're even getting criticisms that Damocles can dissect your posts because he's intelligent enough to spot a logical fallacy. What a twat.

excuse me? no, you know exactly what I mean. Damocles steams in with a "you're a...", voices his opinion like it's conclusive fact and talks down to everybody then dissappears off again.

I think you should hold your tongue.

bluemoon1078 said:
jrb said:
Bluemoon115 said:

FA Cup
3rd place in the PL
Great! Only on BM.

PULL IT!
you get my vote,
utter fucking pointless

Does there have to be a reason to pull a thread?

The Mods have done it a million times before without a reason.

Actually there is a reason. It's a shit thread. Started without little thought or sentiment.

After 2 brilliant weeks what do we end up posting about. Somebody's......(fill in as appropriate)

You started it Damocles, so you should pull it now.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Skashion said:
Oh dear, we're even getting criticisms that Damocles can dissect your posts because he's intelligent enough to spot a logical fallacy. What a twat.

excuse me? no, you know exactly what I mean. Damocles steams in with a "you're a...", voices his opinion like it's conclusive fact and talks down to everybody then dissappears off again.

I think you should hold your tongue.
Damocles is one of the most consistent, logical and knowledgeable posters on here. Yes, he does go over the top. I've been on the receiving end but he is prepared to debate and provide evidence for his points.

Oh really? Why is that? Because you've told me to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.