City Ownership

danburge82 said:
There's arguably no Govt in the world that doesn't use torture or have human rights issues. Do I ever think about it? NO! Does it bother me? NO! It is widely said that the UAE is the most progressive, democartic, and best country in the middle east. That'll do for me!

No it isn't, they don't even have a parliament. The oil rich Gulf states don't need any form of democratic representation since Gulf State citizens for the most part don't pay taxes and enjoy great social benefits from their governments.

After rereading the thread, it really doesn't have to be pulled.

It's more of an embarrassment to this website than something a journalist could actually use. The entire reasoning behind it is a thanks to Mansour's relative by an Italian manager who speaks poor English, which is scant evidence to base a secret ownership pact on. No journalist could print a non sequitur like that and be taken seriously.

If people have an axe to grind against Middle Eastern rulers, it should probably be done without the implication that our owner his hiding something or that Mancini is privy to royal secrets (which he certainly is not.)

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Haven't had the time to read every post on this thread but judging from the first half dozen pages and selected others, it is a complete embarrassment in parts.

Complete and utter bed wetting clowns are getting their knickers in a twist because a blue dares to have a completely valid, independent thought about something that was suggested last night.

Personally, having thought, and still thinking, that the fact that Shinawatra was the biggest stain ever on the history of this club, I have few concerns regarding the current owners. I also would have thought that Sheik Mohammed would have some sort of input into the strategy of the purchase at some point, even if it is not in an official manner.

What is a joke and a disgrace though are those clowns who have so little regard for the history of this club and so little about them that they see a legitimate question (and one that is very, very, very unlikely to draw negative repercussions, even if it turned out to have some basis) as something that should never be uttered and should be brushed under the carpet by all blues, lest it turn up something they don't like.

These are probably the same disgraces who "couldn't give a fuck" about Thaksin, the most odious man ever to be involved in English football, being associated with our club because they thought, rather stupidly it turns out, that this bastard might have a chance of leading us to success.

The irony is, lots with that attitude think that not giving a fuck about stuff like that makes them "massive blues". To me, not having any concern for the reputation of the club and what it stands for makes you nothing more than a rag-esque, glory hunting, spineless plastic clown, with no feel for the club and the city.

If Sheik Mohammed was proven to be an integral part of the ownership team, nothing bad is likely to come of it anyway. But to give someone grief for raising the question and bleating on about "the press getting hold of this" is pathetic ostrich stuff.

"Don't tell me, don't ask, I might not like the answer."

LMFAO.

So the gist of your post is that you have few concerns regarding our current owners but those within this thread expressing that same opinion can be termed disgraces.

Sober up ffs.

Sometimes people can be to clever for their own good.

This thread is case in point.

All I can say is...

Sack the board!

chesterguy said:
Damocles said:
Bluetones said:
not sure if this has been covered, but one of our directors is called Mohamed al Mazrouie, he may have been talking about him???

It has; he isn't a Sheikh.

Sheikh is an honorary title meaning elder so how do you know that he isnt?

Because in no place is he ever referred to as "Sheikh Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei", by anyone?

Quit with your conspiracy theories the OS has never gotten an interview or speech down word for word and who knows maybe Mancini has had a conversation with him before and in the moment (in front of thousands of cheering fans speaking a foreign language) that name came into his head when he mentioned the royal family.

Has Absolutely NOTHING to do with our ownership and you sound worse than the rags who say we buy players with "blood money" and all that garbage.

The worst thing is the media could read this trash and try and make something out of it, we don't want any more negative publicity.

Damocles said:
chesterguy said:
Damocles said:
It has; he isn't a Sheikh.

Sheikh is an honorary title meaning elder so how do you know that he isnt?

Because in no place is he ever referred to as "Sheikh Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei", by anyone?

There are only two reason you would call anyone sheikh
a) He's a royal
b) He's a religious cleric

Blue Haze said:
After rereading the thread, it really doesn't have to be pulled.

It's more of an embarrassment to this website than something a journalist could actually use. The entire reasoning behind it is a thanks to Mansour's relative by an Italian manager who speaks poor English, which is scant evidence to base a secret ownership pact on. No journalist could print a non sequitur like that and be taken seriously.

If people have an axe to grind against Middle Eastern rulers, it should probably be done without the implication that our owner his hiding something or that Mancini is privy to royal secrets (which he certainly is not.)

It isn't, it was just the thing that prompted this thread. The idea that City are non-officially owned and operated by the Abu Dhabi Government has been around since 31st August 2008. You can go back and check the links and the posts by Chris and Tolm which basically confirm this, but there's always been a suspicion around this.

cant believe he hasn't come back on after the fury is opinion has caused,made me feel sick after the season we have had

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.