City Ownership

S04 said:
Ah, Abu Dhabi..how you make us all loose our minds in an odd way.

Just a little video from me, to give you a picture of the City and what it have become.

http://vimeo.com/23522211

You can surely see that that's a piece of advertising/marketing/propaganda?

There are two sides to every story, and that one gives an overwhelmingly positive one.

Damocles said:
I'm afraid that that bit has me confused. So he bought it out of his personal wealth and it is solely his property, but he must report all major decisions and investments out of his pocket to his big brother? Why?

I'd say out of respect, something that has been sorely missing on this thread mate... respect is very important in this, that is what Mancini was showing, and in turn that is what Mansour does, he almost definately doesnt have to as far as our laws and prem league rules state, but as far as society and his placing in UAE he most definately has to... its no big deal showing a bit of courtesy to someone further up the chain, politically a shrewd thing wouldnt you think? Might get Bob a few more quid to spend this summer

mountain out of a molehill this thread... took me ages to read so had to comment something

The 'domo' post made it worth while though

Damocles said:
S04 said:
Ah, Abu Dhabi..how you make us all loose our minds in an odd way.

Just a little video from me, to give you a picture of the City and what it have become.

http://vimeo.com/23522211

You can surely see that that's a piece of advertising/marketing/propaganda?

There are two sides to every story, and that one gives an overwhelmingly positive one.

It's a film about Abu Dhabi which is great

I respect our owners but we are MANCHESTER CITY

Don't get us confused pal

"Mansour is legally the owner, but is essentially a figurehead and the major decisions are committee based/balance checked."

Nobody has said that in relation to the club. Certainly no-one has called him a figurehead. No-one has mentioned any committee.

Everyone has said that he owns the club, but he is part of a family with wider responsibilities. Others in Abu-Dhabi may potentially be described as stake-holders, because of the shared responsibility of the family, as well as their positions in companies that are sponsoring the club.

And legally owning something makes you the owner, you are making a false distinction.

what difference does it make?

manchester or abu dhabi I can understand

but abu dhabi individual or family...

wtf?

semantics like which Glazer owns the rags?

Bloody hell, this thread is still going?

How is it difficult to understand. Maybe the conversation went something like this? But in arabic :-)

Sheikh Mansour: Hmm, a football club will give Abu Dhabi some press and advertising and it will be cool to own one. I'll ask my bro what he thinks
Sheikh Mansour: Mo, I want to buy Man City
Sheikh Mohammed: Whats that?
Sheikh Mansour: A football club in the PL, you know, the one we pay a couple of hundred million for the right to show the games.
Sheikh Mo: Sounds good, what do you need
Sheikh Mansour: I'm good for cash, thanks bro. But I may need to invest £1 billion pound in what is frankly not a nice area in a northern industrial town.
Sheikh Mo: Only a billion, OK by me but I'll have to make sure the board rubber stamp the investment and I want to see the plans before you start building.
Sheikh Mansour: Cheers bro, I'll make sure you get a mention when we win something.
Sheikh Mo: Cool, dude - have fun

bluemoondays said:
Bloody hell, this thread is still going?

How is it difficult to understand. Maybe the conversation went something like this? But in arabic :-)

Sheikh Mansour: Hmm, a football club will give Abu Dhabi some press and advertising and it will be cool to own one. I'll ask my bro what he thinks
Sheikh Mansour: Mo, I want to buy Man City
Sheikh Mohammed: Whats that?
Sheikh Mansour: A football club in the PL, you know, the one we pay a couple of hundred million for the right to show the games.
Sheikh Mo: Sounds good, what do you need
Sheikh Mansour: I'm good for cash, thanks bro. But I may need to invest £1 billion pound in what is frankly not a nice area in a northern industrial town.
Sheikh Mo: Only a billion, OK by me but I'll have to make sure the board rubber stamp the investment and I want to see the plans before you start building.
Sheikh Mansour: Cheers bro, I'll make sure you get a mention when we win something.
Sheikh Mo: Cool, dude - have fun

Mo...haha quality

Just been on to Fred The Red(Bet Fred)

Got some cracking odds on the page count reaching 75 by midnight tonight. If the bet comes in I'll have enough money to fly to Abu Dhabi and I'll ask Sheikhy Bossman himself.(any requests or questions for Bobby?)

If he gives me the honest and definitive answer, I'll post it ASAP.

HBruz, great to have you back on the forum and thanks for more clear and unambiguous information. Could you please expand on this quote for me, as I think it gets to the very heart of City's ownership and future:

Although City was not purchased as a marketing vehicle for Abu Dhabi over time the leadership has realised that it can in some small way be used as such. City was not purchased to save Abu Dhabi for when oil runs out (very long time before that happens) or to put them on the map, the club makes up one small part of a larger sector (Sports and Media) which Abu Dhabi are concentrating on to diversify their economy (read the Abu Dhabi 2030 plan if you are interested).

Are you saying that City is ultimately there for profit as an entity on it's own, or is City a cog in the bigger wheel which is East Manchester's regeneration?

Thanks for any answer you can give.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.