CITY PLAYERS IN MANC LAST NIGHT/GIVEN ABSOLUTE WA#KER

allblues09 said:
twinkletoes said:
Dubai Blue said:
twinkletoes said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/dec/11/healthandwellbeing.drugsandalcohol
So the players should abstain from drinking at lunchtime before a night game as well as the night before a game/training.

Very sensible advice. But how is any of that relevant to this discussion?

http://www.nmnathletics.com/attachments ... EM_ID=5800
Again, this PSA (with no sources) only discusses the effects of continual binge drinking. What evidence is there that our players are binge drinkers?

You are stating that it is ok to binge drink three days before the most important match of the season and I am saying it isn't.

twinkletoes said:
allblues09 said:
Again, this PSA (with no sources) only discusses the effects of continual binge drinking. What evidence is there that our players are binge drinkers?

You are stating that it is ok to binge drink three days before the most important match of the season and I am saying it isn't.[/quote]

How old are you?

You must enjoy misconstruing what people say, or you just are not comprehending. I have not said anywhere on the topic that it is okay to binge drink 3 days before a game (it was 4 days, but that is only a small part of your inaccuracies).

What I said is you have no proof they are binge drinkers. They could be able to go out and have a few drinks without binge drinking. There are different levels of drinking, you can stop before you vomit.

These people are adults, and I am sure they are able to exert some control of the amount they drink.

allblues09 said:
twinkletoes said:
allblues09 said:

You are stating that it is ok to binge drink three days before the most important match of the season and I am saying it isn't.

How old are you?

You must enjoy misconstruing what people say, or you just are not comprehending. I have not said anywhere on the topic that it is okay to binge drink 3 days before a game (it was 4 days, but that is only a small part of your inaccuracies).

What I said is you have no proof they are binge drinkers. They could be able to go out and have a few drinks without binge drinking. There are different levels of drinking, you can stop before you vomit.

These people are adults, and I am sure they are able to exert some control of the amount they drink.[/quote]

I have the account of two separate people that witnessed the players drinking at 4am in a nightclub. What evidence do you have?

By the way they were drinking until 4am. What day did they finish drinking Mr. Pedant?

twinkletoes said:
I have the account of two separate people that witnessed the players drinking at 4am in a nightclub. What evidence do you have?
By the way they were drinking until 4am. What day did they finish drinking Mr. Pedant?

I guess the difference between us, is I do not take peoples anonymous comments on a message board as gospel, in fact it is generally far from it.

You say these people are sources, but their stories are vastly different. If you want to get mad at the players, that is your prerogative, but I do not see the problem.

The problem I do see is people fabricating stories to "slag-off" our players.

I assume you are using Pedant as a synonym for correct (87, almost 88 hours is well over 3 days), if that is pedantic then so be it, but at least my post are not full of hyperbole.

allblues09 said:
twinkletoes said:

I guess the difference between us, is I do not take peoples anonymous comments on a message board as gospel, in fact it is generally far from it.

You say these people are sources, but their stories are vastly different. If you want to get mad at the players, that is your prerogative, but I do not see the problem.

I assume you are using Pedant as a synonym for correct (87, almost 88 hours is well over 3 days), if that is pedantic then so be it, but at least my post are not full of hyperbole.

So you don't have any evidence to the contrary then?

So talking hypothetically would you agree that a player should refrain from binge drinking three days 15 hours before the most important match of the season?

allblues09 said:
twinkletoes said:

That sums it up well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.