City players who never fulfilled their potential?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
cibaman said:
Caton, Mackenzie, Reeves, Robinson, Owen, Barnes. All decent players with good careers but expected to be superstars
Didn't Gary Owen hold the record for England U21 caps until Milner beat him(I think).....

Possibly, but when he first played for City as a 17 year old the expectation was that he'd pick up 50+ senior caps. He was as highly rated as Wilshire at the same age. As I said, none of the players I mentioned (should have also included Nicky Reid) were poor or even average players, they just never lived up to the huge expectations that were created when they first played for us.

Steve Daly
For those of you old enough to remember him, he wins this poll by a mile.

Ireland,Robinho, .....even Boateng! I think you could even argue SWP, if we'd have kept him he would have become 10x the player he was at Chelsea, they ruined him.

The biggest one has to be Paul Lake though...he would have been a world beater

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Kernaghan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Kernaghan</a>

cibaman said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
cibaman said:
Caton, Mackenzie, Reeves, Robinson, Owen, Barnes. All decent players with good careers but expected to be superstars
Didn't Gary Owen hold the record for England U21 caps until Milner beat him(I think).....

Possibly, but when he first played for City as a 17 year old the expectation was that he'd pick up 50+ senior caps. He was as highly rated as Wilshire at the same age. As I said, none of the players I mentioned (should have also included Nicky Reid) were poor or even average players, they just never lived up to the huge expectations that were created when they first played for us.
Right I said that to back up your point I think he only won a couple of England caps for someone that held the record at U21 that kind of shows he fell off the map.

Carlos Teves
If he would have knuckled down and seen out the master plan he had so much more to offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.