City players whose best game at Maine Road or the Etihad was as an opposition player

A few unremarkable appearances on our way to the third tier was the total of his time in lazer blue. Way past his peak when he arrived at Maine Road.
Only time I remember for sure seeing him was a midweek game at Reading's old ground the season we went down to the old 3rd division.
He was shit, we were shit, tried to remove the game from my memory, it was either a 2:0 or 3:0 capitulation(partially removed it!!)
Following season at new ground was much better, noon kick off, in the pub at 11am!! won 3:1.
Not sure if Jamie Pollock was playing for us that day. He MUST have played better against us than for us...surely!!(Scored that cracking goal 'against' us for QPR ofcourse!!)

Had some good games for us as well though, bit of a speedboat that had lost it's rudder.
Not that it really matters but not the most intelligent of footballers from memory (he was no Vincent Kompany for sure!)
However, Huckerby was very good for us the season we got promoted under Kevin Keegan. That season we played some really good, attacking , entertaining fast flowing football which very much suited his style of play.

Only time I remember for sure seeing him was a midweek game at Reading's old ground the season we went down to the old 3rd division.
He was shit, we were shit, tried to remove the game from my memory, it was either a 2:0 or 3:0 capitulation(partially removed it!!)
Following season at new ground was much better, noon kick off, in the pub at 11am!! won 3:1.
Not sure if Jamie Pollock was playing for us that day. He MUST have played better against us than for us...surely!!(Scored that cracking goal 'against' us for QPR ofcourse!!)
Went to 3-1 game at Madjeski, 2 direct free kicks from Terry Cooke IIRC....

Kit Symons (not sure if it was home or away now tbh) but for fulham against us not long after leaving put in a performance like Maldini. Steve Lomas in a Westham shirt too iirc. Might be bollocks - I was very pissed at most games in those days as a sort of coping mechanism.

definitely a few out there
Kanchelskis for rags in 94/95
Tony Grant for Everton at Maine Road in 95/96
Lee Peacock for Mansfield in 98/99
Michael Branch for Wolves in 99/00
Lee Bradbury for Palace/ Portsmouth in 99/00
surely Mark Robins must have had a half decent game against us for either rags or Norwich
would also mention Peter & Kasper Schmeichel, David Seaman, Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler, Jerome Boateng & Patrick Viera

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.