City players you had high hopes for

Seem to recall a young lad back in the seventies called Mark Lester who was hyped up no end. Also we had Buster Philips who didn't live up to the expectation created by Alan Ball. Am I right in remembering a centre forward making his debut in a friendly at Burnley and scoring a hat trick (I think) to send the crowd wild - Lee Bradbury.

Stephen Elliott or any of the Irish lads.

Met the physio in the hotel in Dublin when he came over to assess him and I think it was either Glen Whelan,Willo Flood or Stevie Ireland.Raved about Elliott and said he'd be the the next big thing.

Also does anyone know a goalie who was on the academy books during the Keegan days called Blake?Met this lad in Dublins nightclubs on a near weekly basis for a while and got to know him to talk to.Got released when we signed Kasper.Anyone remember him?

tommo74 said:
Super Barry conlon

Did anyone (apart from his mum and dad) have high hopes for Big Baz? I remember being at the game when he made is debut as a sub.... most people in the crowd had never heard of him!

WTGD!! said:
tommo74 said:
Super Barry conlon

Did anyone (apart from his mum and dad) have high hopes for Big Baz? I remember being at the game when he made is debut as a sub.... most people in the crowd had never heard of him!

Bar-ry!! Bar-ry!! Bar-ry!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.