City players you had high hopes for

Bradley Wright-Phillips. Scored on his debut against Middlesbrough (a very well taken goal too), and I remember saying to people that he would be in the England team for South Africa 2010. I believed him and Shaun would be a great brothers duo, a kind of Brian and Michael Laudrup. Sadly it never came about. On another note, Kevin Ellegaard, Shaleum Logan, and Lee Croft.

Ric said:
Michael Hughes looked like he was going to a world beater when he first broke into the first team.

THIS!

I remember laughing at other kids claiming we had the better young talent after they stole that Ryan Wilson lad.

I was really excited when we signed Castillo based on the Youtube videos of him. He got injured and never had much chance.

Stortz said:
Bianchi, saw flashes sadly fizzled out

Me too.

The lad has genuine technical ability but didn't have the strength, pace or work effort to make it.

He was not helped by Sven playing him as a lone striker. The only time I can remember him playing with a partner was when he teamed up with Mpenza at Ashton Gate, he was superb that night.

Goater's Nipple said:
Omiclops said:
John Macken! After that half-way line goal for Preston I thought we bagged an absolute poacher. In fairness to him he did complete the 4-3 rout of Spurs but he was still woeful.

He missed a sitter in the last minute to take it to that replay in the first place! :P
And he scored in the 4-1. That alone compensates for a lot of shortcomings!

Gary Buckley. I remember him having a superb game against Notts County and then nothing.

There's been a few over the years,Moulden,Caton looked fantastic for us went to Arsenal,and went down hill from there,poor bugger.
The Beckfords,all the ability none of the application.Gary Buckley and Ronnie Hildersley,looked to be the cream of the crop in the early eighties,suprised if anybody remembers them now.Paul Simpson was the dogs for us but didn't do much after(Oxford and Derby).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.