City removing seats

It's totally wrong for both United disabled supporters and ours. From what I've heard it is grim and you have to wonder at the mentality of people. The Blues I know have severe disabilities and it is incredible what they go through to watch City home and away. The same applies to all disabled supporters of all clubs.
They are great seats tbf, it’s the away fans who need moving to the opposite corner. Including PL mandated pitchside seats. It’s not that they cant do it, it’s that they dont want to do it and have persuaded a compliant GMP to support their financial greed

Always found it distasteful in the least that they shoved their disabled fans in front of the most outright and obvious hostility frontline in the stadium, like some sort of afterthought. Some of those fans may have conditions and vulnerabilities that make that location particularly challenging

Have to say some of their carers were not as focused on their charges as they were on the City Fans.

They are great seats tbf, it’s the away fans who need moving to the opposite corner. Including PL mandated pitchside seats. It’s not that they cant do it, it’s that they dont want to do it and have persuaded a compliant GMP to support their financial greed
When the campaign was going on the FSF only cited Sunderland as not having pitch side seats, there was never any appetite to make united do it. Then when the rule came in Sunderland went down and Newcastle went up.

Sunderland were an easy target as the away second was moved from the opposite side of the ground lower tier to the upper tier around 2012, and they were clearly the only club that were going to made to comply, as long with stopping everyone else doing it and both united retaining their advantage. No chance Roy Carroll blunder would not have been given with fans directly behind the goal

You know what makes me piss.

We slag off United and United fans.

But they have already organised a 1500 capacity safe standing area at Old Trafford, which is already full and over subscribed.

Whist at City there is no safe standing area as of yet. And all we get from the club is that they are waiting on the authorities to make an official announcement on safe standing before implementing the idea.

For their many faults on the pitch over the last six years, Manchester United have been engaging with fans who are keen to improve the atmosphere at Old Trafford.

And to be honest, I'd doubt very much we'd fill our safe standing area with singers. More so with fans who just want a cheap (standing) seat.

Last edited:
f793b341-63ca-4654-8ad0-c914a1ebbb04_1920x1080.jpg

You know what makes me piss.

We slag off United and United fans.

But they have already organised a 1500 capacity safe standing area at Old Trafford, which is already full and over subscribed.

Whist at City there is no safe standing area as of yet. And all we get from the club is that they are waiting on the authorities to make an official announcement on safe standing before implementing the idea.

For their many faults on the pitch over the last six years, Manchester United have been engaging with fans who are keen to improve the atmosphere at Old Trafford.

And to be honest, I'd doubt very much we'd fill our safe standing area with singers. More so with fans who just want a cheap (standing) seat.
I think it shows how much the club ( City) have switched , ie from a club that engaged with its fans to a club that's just see us as customers !
Funny enough I was thinking about this the other day , ie how much the club as changed over the years when I was looking though some old programmes . What's happened to stuff like "The Supporters Travel Club" or how much do the club engaged with the supporters clubs now ? If you look though recent programmes it's more about the latest training kit that you can buy then info about getting to away games !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.