City :- Rugby League team ?

good.....swinton are building a team and behind the scenes things have never been as organised. should be a very interesting season for the lions in division 1 this year.

I live in swinton any idea where the new ground is going heard it was going in agecroft on the field they train the dogs
but heard a worse rumour that is was going on the old st ambrose school which would be awful as my house backs onto it

I live in swinton any idea where the new ground is going heard it was going in agecroft on the field they train the dogs
but heard a worse rumour that is was going on the old st ambrose school which would be awful as my house backs onto it
all rumours mate....koukash was planning on building down ambrose but its not happening now as he reckons the council wouldnt help him. it would have been great for you down there as he was planning on building restraunts and bars with the stadium! a bit of life put backin the town centre!

all rumours mate....koukash was planning on building down ambrose but its not happening now as he reckons the council wouldnt help him. it would have been great for you down there as he was planning on building restraunts and bars with the stadium! a bit of life put backin the town centre!

was he planning doing on the fields or on the actual school as both arent really big enough for a ground and all the rest unless the CPO our road
think its a no go now anyway thank god as the Denes school is moving into it apparently

think the best place for the ground would have been on the old moorside school on the lancs

was he planning doing on the fields or on the actual school as both arent really big enough for a ground and all the rest unless the CPO our road
think its a no go now anyway thank god as the Denes school is moving into it apparently

think the best place for the ground would have been on the old moorside school on the lancs
i dont know the exact plans mate but it was behind the town hall which included the post office as far as i was aware. there is still somthing in the pipeline but not ambrose

i dont know the exact plans mate but it was behind the town hall which included the post office as far as i was aware. there is still somthing in the pipeline but not ambrose

we were talking about it in work today we said it would be a good idea if swinton got in with salford city as they are going to need a new ground if they have plans to play in the football league
and they've already ruled out moving to the rugby ground which really should never have been built there they should have knocked down west one and put the stadium there

Heard a rumour we may be starting a Rugby League team, has anyone heard anything, my source is citing the fact the new badge doesn't have FC on it ?

Heard this rumour about three or four times now (on this forum, no less). Each time it comes to nothing. I would be very interested to see CFG take an interest in other sports, but I honestly don't think that they are actually interested in anything outside of football. One of the first things they did when they took over Melbourne City was to shut down its futsal team.

Also, as I'm sure others in this thread have said, I'm 99% sure the reason we don't have an F.C. on the badge is because of branding reasons, not because of a desire to become multi-sport. The same reason the scum removed it from their badge for a while, etc.

Heard this rumour about three or four times now (on this forum, no less). Each time it comes to nothing. I would be very interested to see CFG take an interest in other sports, but I honestly don't think that they are actually interested in anything outside of football. One of the first things they did when they took over Melbourne City was to shut down its futsal team.

Also, as I'm sure others in this thread have said, I'm 99% sure the reason we don't have an F.C. on the badge is because of branding reasons, not because of a desire to become multi-sport. The same reason the scum removed it from their badge for a while, etc.
Yeah, I've seen it suggested on here before, too.
I'd agree it's unlikely and I'd also suggest that (with all due respect to those that love and enjoy the game) RL wouldn't command enough worldwide attention to make it worth Abu Dhabi's while. Union has a bigger audience (especially with the Heineken Cup) but even that would (I think, I'm no expert) struggle to attract their investment.

Oldham were promoted last year and are now one division below superleague.

They've been nomadic for years since Oldham council shafted them. Playing at Stalybridge next season.

Thier home base fans are reasonably close to our CFC area and to me would be the best option if we're going down the egg chasing route.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.