City Santa Stroll for Charity

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150303376030567&subj=1548320807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 1548320807</a>

heres lakey talking about it

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one, watching The Lancashire Hotpots at the academy the day before so I'll be more than likely be suffering from a hangover however I will give a couple of quid if I see any charity collectors around COMS at the next home game.

Also well done to all the blues who are participating you mad bast**ds!!

Sent an e-mail regarding the suit a few days ago and awaiting a reply. Don't suppose any blues on here doing it wont have any use for the costume after and would be looking to get rid? Would offer them money for either themselves or charity aswell as an extra payment to charity from myself... trying to tie a costume down for the boxing day game!

Blue Smarties said:
Sent an e-mail regarding the suit a few days ago and awaiting a reply. Don't suppose any blues on here doing it wont have any use for the costume after and would be looking to get rid? Would offer them money for either themselves or charity aswell as an extra payment to charity from myself... trying to tie a costume down for the boxing day game!

Does this help? From MCFC site.

'Suits can be collected on the day or from the CityStore from December 1-5 – meaning you can wear your suits to the Salzburg and Bolton home games during that week!'

I emailed them suggesting a non-attendance option - I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to pay £15 to charity and get a suit, but can't be arsed or have other commitments on the Sunday. No reply to that either!

daveduke67 said:
Blue Smarties said:

'Suits can be collected on the day or from the CityStore from December 1-5 – meaning you can wear your suits to the Salzburg and Bolton home games during that week!'

I emailed them suggesting a non-attendance option - I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to pay £15 to charity and get a suit, but can't be arsed or have other commitments on the Sunday. No reply to that either!
Think I might just pay the £15, turn up on the 1st to collect the suit and not go to the stroll... I'll give them a few days to reply to the e-mail first.

daveduke67 said:
Blue Smarties said:

Lets hope they dont just had them over willy nilly at the club shop then, as I for one wont be a happy bunny paying 15 quid and a donation too, to find out, when I pop down to pick mine up to be told " sorry sir, but we have none left"

mcfcnorthstand said:
daveduke67 said:

Lets hope they dont just had them over willy nilly at the club shop then, as I for one wont be a happy bunny paying 15 quid and a donation too, to find out, when I pop down to pick mine up to be told " sorry sir, but we have none left"

You have to pay your £15 and then you can collect the suit from the shop - they're not for sale as such. If you don't go on the walk you'll miss out on the medal and the 'goody bag'. So there's still an incentive to actually do the walk.

daveduke67 said:
mcfcnorthstand said:

You have to pay your £15 and then you can collect the suit from the shop - they're not for sale as such. If you don't go on the walk you'll miss out on the medal and the 'goody bag'. So there's still an incentive to actually do the walk.

Yes I know its 15 squid, done that like Isay and a donation. What I ment was shop staff just handing them out willy nilly. To people that shouldnt be getting them.

i.e " yeah my mates joined but carnt make it il take he's too "

I think City have outpriced this for a lot of people - especially at this time of year.

A family of four would have to fork out £50. I don't know many people who can afford such a generous donation at any time of the year let alone Christmas.
Add that to the food and drink and I reckon your looking at around £80 for the event.

I've got three kids - so that'd be £60 plus five lots of food and drink - not a great deal of change out of £100 - and that's assuming I can keep them out of the shop!

The rags are doing a santa run too - £10 for adults, £5 for kids or family (2 of each) for £20.

Hate to say it but it looks like they've got that price just about right - the organisers of ours seem to think the fans are in the same financial boat as the owners!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.