City Santa Stroll for Charity

Does anyone actually know the route of the stroll? Surely it's not a few laps of the stadium?

Apologies, just found another link on the OS.

"The walk will begin at 12pm on the running track of the Regional Athletics Arena, taking in the spiral walkways of the City of Manchester Stadium before finishing in City Square."

daveduke67 said:
I think City have outpriced this for a lot of people - especially at this time of year.

A family of four would have to fork out £50. I don't know many people who can afford such a generous donation at any time of the year let alone Christmas.
Add that to the food and drink and I reckon your looking at around £80 for the event.

I've got three kids - so that'd be £60 plus five lots of food and drink - not a great deal of change out of £100 - and that's assuming I can keep them out of the shop!

The rags are doing a santa run too - £10 for adults, £5 for kids or family (2 of each) for £20.

Hate to say it but it looks like they've got that price just about right - the organisers of ours seem to think the fans are in the same financial boat as the owners!

not sure if the rags is all inclusive - is it bring yer own suit ? also a lot of other stuff being provided - dont think the timing is wrong as you could hardly have a santa stroll in July - why not just let the kids do it just a thought

Along with the sky blue Santa suit, the entry fee also includes a race number, medal and a goody bag on completion. Registration forms can be completed online by going to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/santastroll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk/santastroll</a> and must be received no later than December 3.

Suits can be collected on the day or from the CityStore from December 1-5 – meaning you can wear your suits to the Salzburg and Bolton home games during that week!

Gates open for the family fun day from 10am with festive food and drink available in City Square. Along with the ice rink and reindeer sleigh, CITC coaches will be on hand to provide fun football activities and face painters and entertainers will help to get little ones in the mood for the big day.

All participants will be entitled to a 20 per cent discount in the CityStore on presentation of their race number and every ‘stroller’ that makes a purchase will be entered into a draw to win a City hamper worth £1,000

nij said:
daveduke67 said:
I think City have outpriced this for a lot of people - especially at this time of year.

A family of four would have to fork out £50. I don't know many people who can afford such a generous donation at any time of the year let alone Christmas.
Add that to the food and drink and I reckon your looking at around £80 for the event.

I've got three kids - so that'd be £60 plus five lots of food and drink - not a great deal of change out of £100 - and that's assuming I can keep them out of the shop!

The rags are doing a santa run too - £10 for adults, £5 for kids or family (2 of each) for £20.

Hate to say it but it looks like they've got that price just about right - the organisers of ours seem to think the fans are in the same financial boat as the owners!

not sure if the rags is all inclusive - is it bring yer own suit ? also a lot of other stuff being provided - dont think the timing is wrong as you could hardly have a santa stroll in July - why not just let the kids do it just a thought

Along with the sky blue Santa suit, the entry fee also includes a race number, medal and a goody bag on completion. Registration forms can be completed online by going to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/santastroll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/santastroll</a> and must be received no later than December 3.

Suits can be collected on the day or from the CityStore from December 1-5 – meaning you can wear your suits to the Salzburg and Bolton home games during that week!

Gates open for the family fun day from 10am with festive food and drink available in City Square. Along with the ice rink and reindeer sleigh, CITC coaches will be on hand to provide fun football activities and face painters and entertainers will help to get little ones in the mood for the big day.

All participants will be entitled to a 20 per cent discount in the CityStore on presentation of their race number and every ‘stroller’ that makes a purchase will be entered into a draw to win a City hamper worth £1,000

The rags includes suits too. £20 = 2 adults and 2 kids.

I didn't say the timing of the walk was wrong, just that I think they've priced it far too high for a lot of people at this notoriously expensive time of year.

Will have to see how charitable I feel over the next few days ;-)

Keith Lemon said:
ConnorMCFC said:
Anyone wearing there santa outfit on boxing day at Newcastle?

Yes me definitely Connor - We will look so cool and hopefully be on the TV
Just imagine the sheer hysterics on our coach when we get on dressed like that. It will be a talking point for years to come

ConnorMCFC said:
Keith Lemon said:
Yes me definitely Connor - We will look so cool and hopefully be on the TV
Just imagine the sheer hysterics on our coach when we get on dressed like that. It will be a talking point for years to come

It would just set the tone for a happy exciting day with all our friends. Lets ask if we can sit at the front and wave to people all the way up the motorway.

I am sure the coach would expect me and you to do something so puddled but they wouldnt imagine connor and keith father xmas

+3. Can't wait. How cool would it be for the players to look up at the stand and see a sea of sky blue Santas. It'd also be manna from heaven for the MOTD/Sky brigade...

I will be getting my money's worth by wearing my suit at the pub, at my work's do, and on Crimbo Day. Might even don it for midnight Mass...

Phuk Tifano said:
+3. Can't wait. How cool would it be for the players to look up at the stand and see a sea of sky blue Santas. It'd also be manna from heaven for the MOTD/Sky brigade...

I will be getting my money's worth by wearing my suit at the pub, at my work's do, and on Crimbo Day. Might even don it for midnight Mass...

I may stay on tram and do my santa stroll at the swamp.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.