City Signed Georgi Kinkladze July 15th 1995

I cam never get my head round blues slagging kinkladze.

For a good few years he was a literal ray of sunshine amongst utter utter dross.
i remember speaking to someone who said eddie mcgoldrick was a better player because “he put a shift in”. Fuck me

Kinky would somehow be squeezed into my all time 11. At the very worse hes getting a spot on the bench

I cam never get my head round blues slagging kinkladze.

For a good few years he was a literal ray of sunshine amongst utter utter dross.
i remember speaking to someone who said eddie mcgoldrick was a better player because “he put a shift in”. Fuck me

Kinky would somehow be squeezed into my all time 11. At the very worse hes getting a spot on the bench
Maybe not all time 11 but would be a very different storybif he had joined us in the modern era.

He’s still my all time hero and I’ll barely hear a word against him. However….

If he was around now then to get anywhere near this side he’d have to graft - and I’m not sure that’s in him. Actually I’m sure that it isn’t. Which is a shame because he’d have more ability than anyone.
Perhaps he would have been more willing to graft if playing alongside equally talented team mates under the greatest coach in world football and having the chance to achieve real success and recognition in the game?

It must have been difficult for him to remain focused and committed when so much of his efforts went to waste due to the lack of quality in his team mates and joke of a manager at the time.

Perhaps he would have been more willing to graft if playing alongside equally talented team mates under the greatest coach in world football and having the chance to achieve real success and recognition in the game?

It must have been difficult for him to remain focused and committed when so much of his efforts went to waste due to the lack of quality in his team mates and joke of a manager at the time.
I’d love to agree - and believe me despite all the success he’s still my footballing idol. Sadly his career petered out alarmingly which suggests something more than just being unlucky with the incompetence of teammates.

Kinky was an amazing player. Watching that first game against Tottenham we had heard what Franny Lee and Alan Ball had said about him and he lived up to the expectations. Fantastic speed and acceleration, dribbling ability with the ball glued to his feet were so apparent in that first match. I remember walking away from the game thinking we had signed a fantastic player and he was the talk of all discussions.
I was at that game. I'd have been about 15 at the time. He was instantly my new hero.

Strangely the best memory I have of that game was his dodgy pass to Edghill that almost lead to a Spurs goal.

For all the trophies and the world class players we've had recently, there isn't one that i've looked forward to watching play as much as Kinkladze. He may not be our greatest ever player (or even in the top 10) but god, the excitement in watching him play.....just build the guy a statue. The definition of a City Legend.

1710883725570.png
Had this poster on my bedroom wall at 8 years old, it was bigger than the wall it was stuck to haha

The most exciting player to ever play for City

(Yes, we know that he’s not the best player to ever play for City, but even Bernardo, with his ridiculous technique and dribbling, can’t match Kinky’s combination of close control and standing acceleration away from players in 95/96. I’ve only ever seen Messi and Maradonna do the same - and yes, they were miles better players, you boring bastards)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.