City signing that excited you the most

As a young boy the arrival of Rodney Marsh was exciting. I remember going to his debut. In the new era, the signing of Tevez signalled the dawn of the present City team. Carlos has been the catalyst and his goals have helped to put us where we are now. However, for pure and simple joy, the signing of Trevor Francis tops the lot. I remember a goal he scored against Wolves was tremendous ( sadly not televised ). The debut against Stoke, scoring the goals, and the fact that he was sold to provide a new roof for the main stand said it all about City in those days.

Robinho by a country mile, that was the transfer equivalent of Agüero's goal v QPR in the manner it was done...

But oh well lol

howiedeblue said:
Mick Channon from Southampton was the final piece of Tony Books jigsaw....still hate that arm twirling goal celebration

At the same time, and for the same money, Liverpool got Dalglish. doh!

Kazmir Deyna.

I was only a young lad at the time and the thought of signing a player from abroad who had played at the World Cup was so exciting! In a game with your mates, when you added your own commentary to a goal you scored, "Deyna!!!" sounded awesome!

Robbie fowler tbh, I thought with him and anelka we'd win a cup at least. With robinho it was more general excitement at everything going on. I also got very excited at signing a 29 year old Steve mcmanaman at the peak of his powers and I actually jumped for joy when SWP came back. Kompany had me excited as he'd been a football manager legend since 2003.

Since the takeover it's been Kun especially after his debut. I think I described the Kun/Tevez situation to a rag as being like frankie from the Saturdays saying shes leaving you only for you to pull the slightly hotter blonde one and then frankie going 'actually no one else wants me fancy a threesome?'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.